Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't help but think there are lots of ways to improve the Winter Olympics. Here are my suggestions:

1. The downhill. Everyone goes at once. Best event there is to begin with, but man this would make it interesting.

2. Hockey. No goalies, or at least no special goalie stuff. Might have scores like 25-21.

3. Figure skating. Nekkid, of course. Nuff said. I'll be a judge.

4. Ultra speed skiing, or whatever they call it where they go 150 mph. Is it even back? Need more.

5. Curling? What a joke. Make it a drinking game.

6. Bobsled/luge -- throw in a few jumps.

7. Biathalon. You don't get to stop skiing while shooting. Live targets would be interesting, too.

8. Barrel jumping, skates and skiis.

9. Snowball fights, like dodgeball. It's a legitimate winter sport, where I grew up.

More?

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
There is a new event called snowboard cross where four riders go at once. I was pretty excited about it, until I read that no contact between riders is allowed. If it were full contact, that would be pretty entertaining. A true battle. Racing against the clock and the elements is nice and all, but racing the clock and the elements <i>and</i> ducking elbows is much better.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I always thought......

1.) Figure skating....they all ought to be on the ice at the same time....last one standing wins.

2.) Downhill....at least 4 at once.

3.) Ski Jump they ought to go down one after the other with no more than 1 second between them.

4.) Moguls skiing........6 at once.

5.) Hockey- 4 teams on the ice at the same time....2 goalies for each net, fighting for position......this could get interesting when a tems been eliminated but still playing...think of the alliances

6.) Luge- I always thought they should have to use Flexible flyers, taken out of a common bin.

7.) Slalom Skiing. The gates shouldn't flex.

I know I'm sick.

Len

·
my legs hurt
1,012 Posts
add quiditch...oh wait, that's not real.

figure skating: more than one skater on ice at a time...naked of course

throw in one summer event as an exhibition every winter: like this winter it could be 110m hurdles, outdoors at alititude...

combine ski jumping and downhill into one event whre competitors race down a hill and have a hug jump at the end, furthest jump comnined with fastest time equals winner

i like the moving targets biathlon idea

make the cross country skiers compete blindfolded for last 100m's

all the sliders (bobsled, skeleton, luge) have to make their own sleds in the week preceding their event with the same materials

bank one wall on short track speed skating

make distance speed skaters count their own laps

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
After watching some of the USA women vs Finland curling match, I'm a new convert. Nekkid curling. Then it would be REEL interesting to watch, although the one Fin player was kinda scarey, even with clothes on....

·
Super Moderator
19,518 Posts
Basketball. Isn't basketball a winter sport? Move basketball to the winter olympics.

And then have 4 teams on the court.

Nekkid. ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I understand your answers are meant to be off the wall (I hope) but what's with the desire for mayhem?

Do you guys suggest figure eight criteriums as well? Or descending the Galibier straight down instead of on the road?

·
my legs hurt
1,012 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
If anyone else remembers the Katerina Witt pictorial in Playboy then you know this is a really, really good idea.
remember it, hell I joined playboy cyber club just so i could get the digital version...i later lost the digiversion :(

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Ice biking.

For those looking for a little mayhem and chaos Ice Derby.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
If anyone else remembers the Katerina Witt pictorial in Playboy then you know this is a really, really good idea.
Uh huh, a good idea until Scott Hamilton comes out on the ice.

Beantown: Just Google her and go to the images link.... I'm sure they're all there.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
How to improve womens figure skating

or how to get your S/O to turn it off. play M.D.G.T (My D!ck Goes There)
every time they get in some provocative pose run to the side of the TV, point your finger at their splayed out by the vertical split (or whatever pose) nether region and shout (phrase above)
best if done with at least 2 players.

you'll have control of the TV in no time.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Down hill skiing ala James Bond.

How about a free for all, no holds barred, paint ball shooting, down hill race? Winner gets the blonde figure skater of which ever sex is their choice plus the medal. What about marathon skiing? As many runs as you can make in an alotted time period. It also shows off your skills on using the chair lift. Jumping sleds for distance? That was a favorite when I was a kid. Ice fishing. Just think of the exciting NBC coverage of that sport!

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
olympics

1. Figure skating will now feature celebrities, like Todd Bridges, Bruce Jenner, and Debbie Gibson as partners to the pros.
2. All Ice rink events will be played on surfaces which have anti personnel mines planted, armed, and itchy.
3. All downhill ski events will be "judged" by Claudine Longett" and her .30 cal.
4. Skeleton, luge, and bobsled events will be run naked. Fans are allowed to throw or dump beverages at will during all runs.
5. Biathlon rifles will be replaced with rubber bands and paper clips.
6. Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti is now eligible to participate.
7. Yogi Yahooies, Scoobie Doobies, and the really Rottens must trade one team member after every 2 events.
That's a nice start, I mean, if NBeeeeeeeC wants me to watch. Feel free to chime in.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
Cancel them.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
"I WOUlD LikE T0 SEeE...HiDE & gO SEEK"

like the Python sketch...& like that;)

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
thebadger said:
I understand your answers are meant to be off the wall (I hope) but what's with the desire for mayhem?

Do you guys suggest figure eight criteriums as well? Or descending the Galibier straight down instead of on the road?
Mayhem? Don't overthink this. I can think of many summer Olympic events where physical contact is normal among competitors (i.e., distance running, water polo, soccer, etc.) or the whole sport is about fighting (karate, boxing, fencing, etc.).

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
There already is a "mass start" downhill ski event, although it isn't in the Olympics-- yet. Isn't that what ski cross is (not to be confused with cross-country) ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts