Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First I'd like to thank everyone who chimed into my last thread in regard to the passing of our Ziggy Stardust. Since then we adopted two young kittens. They are sisters from different mothers. Sunny Gray is one year and two months and Kimmy Possible is just going on a year old.

It's nice to have a couple of kittens in the house again. They keep each other company and therefore get plenty of exercise playing and chasing each other around the house.
Vertebrate Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Cat Carnivore
Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Room Cat Carnivore
Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Vertebrate Cat Floor
Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Vertebrate Cat Whiskers

Reactions: mik_git

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Also some pretty looking girls.

They have a lot of Maine **** in them from the looks. Those are great cats and if these two have that sweet disposition you are lucky.

Best of luck with them.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they are pure Maine *****. And do possess that sweet disposition that you speak of, the high white silver marble tabby is Sunny Gray. Sunny is quite the lady and very elegant in her demeanor.

While the brown marble tabby is Kimmy Possible and is vert much a Tom Boy, she is very vocal and very rambunctious. Sunny and Kimmy are equally affectionate and sweet.

Thank you very much Steve B.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I do agree. Thanks for chiming in Burgrat.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I could have gotten them when they were younger but, they're good girls and though we missed some of the great things kittens do, like bringing down the Christmas tree, till the get too big to climb it. I guess we'll just wait till Christmas to see how they will react.

Thank you for chiming in Roland

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Very pretty kitties! Congrats on your new buddies.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome kitties! Doing it in 2's is a kick. My wife and I have had cats all our years together (almost 30) and as many as 7 rescues at one point when we quit bringing more in. They all lived wonderful full lives (one to 23!) but we let it dwindle down to one and she was just about worn out and we saw the end was near for her. We adopted an 8 week old, hand raised rescue pair that were found by Animal Services at 2 days old. They are brothers and just turned 7. After doing the double acquisition, especially true siblings, I wouldn't do it any other way, now. Such a kick in the pants all these years then we added a Labrador puppy 5 years ago. Our pet universe is harmonic, now. No additions planned. We love our family. Best of luck with yours!

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Congrats!! Seeing the name of Ziggy Stardust put a big fat grin on my face. That's a tall order for a Monday morning :p

I keep threatening to get John a box of assorted kittens for every holiday. But his allergies make it unlikely my 16-year-old will be replaced with any other(s) once she's gone.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congrats!! Seeing the name of Ziggy Stardust put a big fat grin on my face. That's a tall order for a Monday morning :p

I keep threatening to get John a box of assorted kittens for every holiday. But his allergies make it unlikely my 16-year-old will be replaced with any other(s) once she's gone.
I realized last night that these cats are our best friends.....we (I) just don't know it. Our Boo came up to me this AM when I was in the gutter.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
I realized last night that these cats are our best friends.....we (I) just don't know it. Our Boo came up to me this AM when I was in the gutter.
Whenever John's in the kitchen, the cat will get up and investigate. I tell him, "Here comes your BFF.......big fat feline!"

While visiting our nearest cat shelter, found a silver tag with black letters that say "BFF." It's now on her collar with her official ID tag.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you Snap, we're very happy with the new girls in our lives. Nice to hear from you, i wish you the best Ms.Snapdragon

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Sack, your are so right about adopting siblings together. I made the mistake of adopting out Ziggy,s older sister because I thought two kittens would be too much to take care of, how I regretted that decision.

Made sure to get right this time around and the family and I couldn't happier and so entertained with our sisters from another mother.

Thanks for chiming in

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Notvintage, our girls approve of your kitty too and feel your kitty is also awesome.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.