Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Is there any chance of the roads drying up by time the final riders go?

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Nope.

Bad course.

Bad weather.

Too many crashes.

Bad stage.

Boo to ASO and feel bad for all the crashed riders.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
I cannot find news on valverde, and there is too much noise in my home for me to follow the French broadcast I have hacked into - what up?

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
I cannot find news on valverde, and there is too much noise in my home for me to follow the French broadcast I have hacked into - what up?
He pulled out of the Tour and was taken to the hospital.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Hit his legs really hard.

Didn't see his head hit at all, but he was refusing to move or get up.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Team said possible fracture(s), deep cuts to his legs and a hard hit to his left side.
Ion Izagirre has also abandoned the race with a crash in the same corner.

No more info than that.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Team said possible fracture(s), deep cuts to his legs and a hard hit to his left side.
Ion Izagirre has also abandoned the race with a crash in the same corner.

No more info than that.
Fractured kneecap.

Deep lacerations.

"Severe knee injury."

Real bummer.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
It reminds me a bit of Taylor Phinney's injury. Horrible. I hope he bounces back.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Here's the full list of injuries to Valverde that Movistar has recently posted:
broken kneecap (patella) surgery tonight
broken or fractured ankle (not sure which as I'm having issues with translation on this one)
woulded tibia
deep laceration

His season appears over. Hopefully this is not career ending.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Now for the tiny bit of good news. Alejandro does not have any injuries to his muscles, tendons or ligimates.
Doctors at the hospital and team doctors do believe his season is over, but believe he will be able to race next year at this point.
On a sad note for this he was so looking forward to the Vuelta with 3 stages near his home and at least one of those stages fully over his training roads.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Bad roads. T Phinney did good. Can't believe they ran a NASCAR banner on the ticker constantly and had to mention it also.
What are they thinking, a bunch of Nascar fans watch the ToF? Lunacy!

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Here's the full list of injuries to Valverde that Movistar has recently posted:
broken kneecap (patella) surgery tonight
broken or fractured ankle (not sure which as I'm having issues with translation on this one)
woulded tibia
deep laceration

His season appears over. Hopefully this is not career ending.
He's what 37? He ain't a young pup anymore.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bad roads. T Phinney did good. Can't believe they ran a NASCAR banner on the ticker constantly and had to mention it also.
What are they thinking, a bunch of Nascar fans watch the ToF? Lunacy!
Haha, no they were addressing people tuning in to watch the program being pre-empted, moved, etc..

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Haha, no they were addressing people tuning in to watch the program being pre-empted, moved, etc..
Hey it is progress of a sort...at least TdF didn't get preempted by a bull-riding pre-show.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
He's what 37? He ain't a young pup anymore.
Yes he's 37. Team is saying likely season ending, but they do believe he'll be racing next year. Their first comment was possibly career ending. They do not seem to believe that anymore. Also ankle and kneecap are fractured not broken. Had a couple of my Spanish friends give me a correct translation.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.