Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was raining pretty good this morning when we woke up. That is ok, we like to walk around the city almost as much as we like riding around the city. I decided to do a loop from the house that included the C&O Canal, the Key Bridge, the Marine Corps Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, the Memorial Bridge, the Kennedy Center, the DC Waterfront and back home along the Canal.

It rained pretty much the whole time but our cycling clothing works even better walking. We were nice and comfortable.

For some reason (and not knowing what we were about to see) when we reached the National Cemetery I decided we should go indoors at the Womens Memorial. It was quite a shock.....

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For some reason this is very real to us.

Miss M used to work in the World Trade Center and of course we were both working in DC on September 11th and had to deal with the aftermath. We have quite a few relatives serving and one of them just barely made it home. They are all so [email protected] young......

I wonder if we were that young (and brave) when we were that age?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is amazing what you can see in this city.

Needless to say it was a sober walk for a while after we left the cemetery.

It was a nice walk though.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
The faces of the fallen is an incredible exhibit. I was in the military program in college and two of the faces there are guys that I went to school with. I didn't think I was going to like the way they were portrayed, since sometimes artists take "liberties", but I think they both turned out well. Something I think everyone should see.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Quite the sobering shots MB. It fit the rainy day I think. Thanks for sharing those.

On a happier note, how'd you like the last few days of weather? I was in Balimore since Sunday (just got back) and it was incredible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts