Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually we got our beaters. For the first time in a long time we each actually had a fully functioning beater.

Now our normal Saturday riding is limited to cruising around town and a little shopping since I work at the Bike Shop at noon. If Miss M wanted to buy something bulky or heavy I would hook up the BOB to my bike and we would have to be home by 11 for me to get ready for work.

Today Miss M was going to pull the BOB and she could spend the whole day shopping if she wanted. I followed along behind her on the first leg across town to the Stadium Farmers Market.

BTW a note to any law enforcement personnel who may be reading this; no laws were broken during the filming of this story. Any traffic light that may appear to be red while Miss M was riding across the intersection was digitally changed from green to enhance the story line. Miss M would NEVER EVER even think about running a red light much less actually run one. Never ever, never never ever. Not her, no way. Never ever never. Not in this city, the law enforcement capital of the free world.

Never ever!

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Miss M is something of a connoisseur of the local farmers markets. For the last several weeks we had been checking out all of the Saturday Markets within riding distance of the house. She selected the Stadium market as having the best selection and prices in town.

I liked it for the food.

Man that smells good. Can't get good NC BBQ in Hawaii-take that Bill!

While Miss M was deciding on her purchases (2 flats of flowers, some preserves, a dozen oranges and assorted meats (no watermellons thankfully)) I enjoyed the smoke, lined up a few photos to include the overhead Metro tracks and chatted with an old timer about the way bikes used to be (he liked the trailer a lot).

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since we were running late we cut straight across town going home. We got to enjoy all sorts of close encounters with lost tourists, moving vans, speeding cabs and all sorts of lunatics taking advantage of the commuter free roads on a Saturday morning.

It was great to finally get out of traffic and ride the last couple of tree lined quite streets uphill and home. All Miss M had to say was, "Boy that trailer gets heavy." I refrained from mentioning last Saturdays shopping expedition where we carried all that PLUS a 40 lb bag of mulch draped across the top of the BOB.

That would be with me pulling the trailer of course. The only thing that made it ok was all the thumbs up and applause from other cyclists seeing what we were doing.

Ride your bike.
Shop to your hearts content.

BTW I know it looks like Miss M is about to run a red light at that intersection on the bike lane and the busy intersection in Georgetown but trust me; she would never ever NEVER do something like that. Never.

After all, it's against the law!

Never ever.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
If only my beater looked so terrible.

Looks like you had a great day out! Thanks for the pics...

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Awesome MB. Nice catch on the door reflection. I can almost taste the food from here. Good stuff!

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
MB1 said:
Man that smells good. Can't get good NC BBQ in Hawaii-take that Bill!

Text to follow.
When my dad was here last week I had the damnest time trying to explain that Hawaiian BBQ was not like mainland BBQ. He has type 2 diabetes and was insisting that the BBQ sauce would have too much sugar. All of this in front of the L&L counter girl. He finally settled on the BBQ chicken and I had the mochi chicken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.