Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"We have the best train in the world ... Who do I fear the most, Boonen or the Cipressa? Neither of the two." Only 11 more days to la Classicissima! ... From BiciRace.com ... Link HERE

You go ale-jet!!! I love this rivalry between Petacchi and Boonen.!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry... Here is the rest of the quote...

And for Tirreno-Adriatico what will be the plan? "Erik is strong and at Tirreno we will see. The stages are not so important to me ... Vediamo, maybe even [Alberto] Ongarato can have a chance too... I have a lot of respect for those two riders." A happy Petacchi finished by adding: "We have the best train in the world ... Who do I fear the most, Boonen or the Cipressa? Neither of the two." Only 11 more days to la Classicissima!

more here. .. http://www.bicirace.com/news/2006/20060307.html

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Maybe he doesn't fear Boonen or the Cipressa individually but Pettacchi can't follow Boonen on the Cipressa if it even comes down to that. By the time Bettini and Quick-Step have done their job the Milram train will be in a shambles. Advantage to Boonen. ...Who knows, when Bettini goes up the road as planned he might even stay away for good. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
There have been rumors that the planned more difficult final phase of the course will be scrapped. In that case Petacchi will be hard to beat. Otherwise every other team in the race will do their best to drop him or at least drain his legs on every bump in the road for the last 40km.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
terzo rene said:
There have been rumors that the planned more difficult final phase of the course will be scrapped. In that case Petacchi will be hard to beat. Otherwise every other team in the race will do their best to drop him or at least drain his legs on every bump in the road for the last 40km.

That's a big mistake if they do.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Quick Step will send Paolo

on the Cipressa or Poggio (or a descent) my guess is Milram will counter with Zabel (since he's been showing 'classics' style riding of late) to counter. If they can bring back together it will be sprinters joy but I'm seeing Zabel vs Bettini in a small group and the big boys being left out. Advantage Zabel.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
You've seen 2005 Tour of Flanders? Zabel was amazing. All day attacking on a team that just didn't have it in the end. I hope we see some more of this, he may be free to do so with Ale-Jet holding Plan A.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Except today...

atpjunkie said:
on the Cipressa or Poggio (or a descent) my guess is Milram will counter with Zabel (since he's been showing 'classics' style riding of late) to counter. If they can bring back together it will be sprinters joy but I'm seeing Zabel vs Bettini in a small group and the big boys being left out. Advantage Zabel.
If Zabel had not been beated my Bettini today I would definately have agreed. Beat Thor Hushovd too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts