Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riders associated with LA/postal/discovery either admitting or subsequently testing positive:


Andreu: admitted, part of 1999 Postal tour etc
Vaughters: all but admitted, largely regarded as anonymous rider who admitted with Andreu, part of 1999 Tour
Steven Swart, admitted during his time on Motorola
Tyler Hamilton, enough said
Roberto Heras, stripped of 2005 Vuelta for EPO
Floyd Landis, stripped of 2006 Tour title
Manuel Beltran, positive for EPO during 2008 Tour
Basso, 2007 team


missing anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,808 Posts
stevesbike said:
Riders associated with LA/postal/discovery either admitting or subsequently testing positive:


Andreu: admitted, part of 1999 Postal tour etc
Vaughters: all but admitted, largely regarded as anonymous rider who admitted with Andreu, part of 1999 Tour
Steven Swart, admitted during his time on Motorola
Tyler Hamilton, enough said
Roberto Heras, stripped of 2005 Vuelta for EPO
Floyd Landis, stripped of 2006 Tour title
Manuel Beltran, positive for EPO during 2008 Tour
Basso, 2007 team


missing anyone?
Guilt by association rules, but isn't the record of T-Mobile/High Road worse? You've got Zabel, Aldag (?) Ullrich, Riis, Sinkewitz, Vino, and I'm sure there's more. Plus Hamilton and Basso are associated with Riis. There's no end.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
608 Posts
stevesbike said:
Riders associated with LA/postal/discovery either admitting or subsequently testing positive:


Andreu: admitted, part of 1999 Postal tour etc
Vaughters: all but admitted, largely regarded as anonymous rider who admitted with Andreu, part of 1999 Tour
Steven Swart, admitted during his time on Motorola
Tyler Hamilton, enough said
Roberto Heras, stripped of 2005 Vuelta for EPO
Floyd Landis, stripped of 2006 Tour title
Manuel Beltran, positive for EPO during 2008 Tour
Basso, 2007 team


missing anyone?
Armstrong, 6 EPO positives in retrotested urine, backdated TUE for corticosteroids
Benoit Jaochim, positive for nandralone
Livingston, files from Dr. Ferrari show his abnormal rise in hematocrit
Clinger, admitted to the doping that was going on at Postal, including Landis taking more HGH than was thought to be humanly possible
Jemison, word is that he has admitted in private social settings the doping that was going on at Postal
Swart, testified that Armstrong encouraged him and other team members to use EPO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Didn't they have a big eastern European rider for a couple of seasons who ended up positive at some point, or maybe already was before they hired him?
Pavel Padrnos (sp?) I recall he got pinched during one of those Giro raids way back when but because the substance (can't recall what it was) was taken orally and not injected he walked. I'm sure there is some archival press on this...
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,249 Posts
boy I just love

blaming their former teams instead of the teams they were on when busted

Andreu: admitted, part of 1999 Postal tour etc
Vaughters: all but admitted, largely regarded as anonymous rider who admitted with Andreu, part of 1999 Tour speculative, he also rode for Credit Agricole

Steven Swart, admitted during his time on Motorola...Motorola? I thought this was about Postal Disco?, oh here's a tip for ya, in the 90's EVERYBODY doped

Tyler Hamilton, enough said CSC, Basso, multiple busts
Roberto Heras, stripped of 2005 Vuelta for EPO LIBERTY SEGUROS
Floyd Landis, stripped of 2006 Tour title PHONAK, Multiple busts

Manuel Beltran, positive for EPO during 2008 Tour Liquigas, multiple offenses

Basso, 2007 team BUSTED before he rode for Disco, so lemme guess he took drugs during the Giro while riding for CSC because he knew he'd ride for Disco someday

again, I have no issue bashing any team for their dopers

I do have problems bashing a team for another teams dopers

on the critical thinking, ability to use logic, and make logical connections you score an F

I'm no Lance fan, no disco fan, won't defend him at all, but these conections you are trying to make are mostly laughable

imagine trying to tie a crime to somebody years before or after they were ever associated?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
atpjunkie said:
blaming their former teams instead of the teams they were on when busted

Andreu: admitted, part of 1999 Postal tour etc
Vaughters: all but admitted, largely regarded as anonymous rider who admitted with Andreu, part of 1999 Tour speculative, he also rode for Credit Agricole

Steven Swart, admitted during his time on Motorola...Motorola? I thought this was about Postal Disco?, oh here's a tip for ya, in the 90's EVERYBODY doped

Tyler Hamilton, enough said CSC, Basso, multiple busts
Roberto Heras, stripped of 2005 Vuelta for EPO LIBERTY SEGUROS
Floyd Landis, stripped of 2006 Tour title PHONAK, Multiple busts

Manuel Beltran, positive for EPO during 2008 Tour Liquigas, multiple offenses

Basso, 2007 team BUSTED before he rode for Disco, so lemme guess he took drugs during the Giro while riding for CSC because he knew he'd ride for Disco someday

again, I have no issue bashing any team for their dopers

I do have problems bashing a team for another teams dopers

on the critical thinking, ability to use logic, and make logical connections you score an F

I'm no Lance fan, no disco fan, won't defend him at all, but these conections you are trying to make are mostly laughable

imagine trying to tie a crime to somebody years before or after they were ever associated?

- + 1
The reflection from the tin-foil hats is soooo bright in here I might have to put on my shades.
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,249 Posts
I'm gonna assume

DMFT said:
- + 1
The reflection from the tin-foil hats is soooo bright in here I might have to put on my shades.
that blackhats Boonen jab was in jest, if so, well played BlackHat
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,249 Posts
heck I'm gonna do ya one better

mohair_chair said:
It's just pure laziness that no one has taken this even further back to Subaru-Montgomery.

it is all Eddy Merckx's fault

7-11
Motorola
Telekom
Kelme

just looking down atyour bike and seeing that name would cause a racer to take drugs
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top