Softail rear suspension
Dog Fang chain watcher
Soldered spokes

Anything else?

TF

·
Administrator
12,940 Posts
Stock carbon bike with slightly bigger tubs, no extra bar tape, Al steerer though-- for the win.

;)

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
All of which...

TurboTurtle said:
All the interesting mechanical ideas at the 2006 P-R:

Steel frame
Top brake levers
Canti brakes
Softail rear suspension
Dog Fang chain watcher
Soldered spokes

Anything else?

TF
All of which have been tried in various incarnations for the last 40+ years.

Nobody really rolled out anything new this year at all.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
weird bike things...

not at roubaix, but I always wondered about the extra rear brake lever on TT bikes. You know, the one on the extentions.

·
100% torqued
766 Posts
They are only interesting on roadbikes. Mountain and cross bikes use this stuff everyday. I run a steel frame and fork and chances are I will never run anything but. May get a Ti frame in the future but it will have cantis and a steel fork for versatility. Softtails have been around for years by Moots, Salsa, Trek, Ibis, Castellano, Dean and others. Crossers often run 1x9 and use the Dog Fang. Many of the sport road bikes use longer wheel bases, and more rake and allow for fatter tires. Most of this makes sense for the average rider who likes comfort and exploring. Pure race machines have never been my thing. I dig FreeRoading.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
first time i saw that was last year at the giro. i wanna say it was zabriski's ride. i think it used an inline cx top-mount lever. its a front brake lever they use to scrub speed going into a soft corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts