Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Nebraska we're just ducking storms after storm etc etc. Lucky for me, most of the flooding stuff isn't occuring in my neck of the woods. I told Phys I'd hunt up some pitchurs of it....so ON the NNC rig I went, following the local MUT around town, close to dusk

Last night there was about another inch of rain and 30mph sustained winds, reported tornados....so I was hoping things would be rideable....

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Out on the plains people need to have patterns in how they mow--I think they need a hobby...

Bike are nice.

The MUTs often have bridge overpasses which are nice because....

Out here in the plains things are either above ground level....

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...or things such as the MUT underpasses they are below ground level....

Which as you see is a problem. That is a max of 2 ft deep of water-and since I'm on the roadie, tonight I'm taking it easy and this is the only major artery that I have to cross traffic--all the longer underpasses downtown are unreachable due to either water, or construction or both :( :cryin: This underpass is close to the only major lake in town...which I'll hit on the way back

Bike Pron

So off up we go along the next stretch of MUT....in case you're wondering only about 75F out with little wind. Beautiful. I don't know where those squirrels are staying in doors

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st tree casualties....I was thinking I'd see more-since often the city isn't too quick about cleaning up-but only saw another.

More rollers....folk call this one a "hill" roudn here-which from my NY upstate years is kind of funny.

I couldn't resist this one :)

Where the trail goes it is usually quite nice....

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mother nature ain't so motherly sometimes.... :(

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dam interwebs....

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heading along more bridges....

These have gotten a workout...

That Moon...

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our town has this wierd thing for bike sculpture...Chicago has its cows ya know...I don't get it-but I approve :)

The photographer sneaks into the thread once more :)

Someones private lake...this is teh rich part of town...so I need to be sneaky a little

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whups. Who'd a thunk! :cool:

Well...it is gettin' late...I'm eating bandwidth...and I STILL wanna get back to that lake....

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THAT way.

Can YOU spot what went wrong with my LOOK pedal? Oh, well it still works...

"I know...I'm going I'm going"

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here, we are (same lake as the first flooded underpass....Lots and LOTS of water. damm nice out too.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Annoying squirrels AND their chicas WILL be shot on sight to mock you. "Excuse me"

Some peoples got the right idea... :)

Demon Cat is wary of roadies armed with cameras

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Teh End.

So, I ended up not getting the weather shots I wanted-but dammm it was nice to be on an MUT! How often do you say that???? :thumbsup: :)

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,801 Posts
Noice

looks like fun...next time I'm near Lincoln, I'll have to look ya up....:thumbsup:

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MB1 said:
An empty MUT, great concept.
When it's not in use--it's fun (I try to not snap pics of unwilling victims faces/plates, also) ...at the start or end of teh public school day, roadie or beware! :eek:

You'd better Phys!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Damn! If we had MUTs like that here, I'd still have my roadie...Their idea of making something bicycle friendly here is to paint cyclists as targets on the road. I've seen trucks with silhouttes of cyclists painted on their driver side door, like WWII fighter pilots. Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Ain't it usually rilly hot and muggy by now in Lincoln?

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Yum, green water! Riding or wading I think is definitely out of the question when water is that perfect green. At least you guys don't have alligators or pythons to worry about. That'd make those MUTs really fun when they flooded!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.