Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can see the whole road race on the web at www.cbc.ca - it is being web cast (delayed, I think) from 8 PM to midnight PDT on 8 August.

If you hunt around on the cbc.ca site you can find web casts of pretty much every event. Some will be live, some delayed. You might want to start here:

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/schedule/daily/2008/08/08/

It will be somewhat skewed towards Canadian Athletes, but not overly so.

G

·
oarsman said:
You can see the whole road race on the web at www.cbc.ca - it is being web cast (delayed, I think) from 8 PM to midnight PDT on 8 August.

If you hunt around on the cbc.ca site you can find web casts of pretty much every event. Some will be live, some delayed. You might want to start here:

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/schedule/daily/2008/08/08/

It will be somewhat skewed towards Canadian Athletes, but not overly so.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moabbiker said:
Will US IP addresses be allowed to view the live streams? The licensing restrictions for live Olympic events are very strict and so the networks tend to do an IP lookup and block out computers not in their country.
I have no idea. Always worth a try, I suppose.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pretender said:
They have bicyclists in Canadia?
One or two: Lori Muenster won a gold in Athens, Curt Harnett won two medals, I think. A few others here or there. Certainly a number of mountain bikers - Marie-Helene Premont must be a reasonable bet for a medal. Rydar Hesjedal came in 13th at the final ITT in the TDF this year. Svein Tuft is one of the top riders on the North American Circuit (though I think the two men will be overmatched in Beijing).

Besides, cycling is excellent cross-training for important sports like speed skating.

·
Registered
111 Posts
moabbiker said:
Will US IP addresses be allowed to view the live streams? The licensing restrictions for live Olympic events are very strict and so the networks tend to do an IP lookup and block out computers not in their country.
True, but as usual it looks like http://www.cyclingfans.com will come though for us again! They currently have live streams up for the opening ceremony (If I waited until tonight to watch it on TV in the states, it would be that pre-recorded primetime crap).

Anyway, I'm sure cyclingfans will have live streams for the cycling events too. :)

Patti

·
Registered
509 Posts
NBC has mens cycling listed on their block of coverage for Saturday the 8th. My tivo was set to record it but then I realized it would take up an eight hour block. Checking on the NBC website they have it listed between 1230-1. If that is right, they would just be doing some sort of summary? Also, does anyone know if you can set tivo to record only a block of time versus a whole program.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
tron said:
Also, does anyone know if you can set tivo to record only a block of time versus a whole program.
You can set up a manual recording for a particular channel and specify the date, start-time and end-time (just like a VCR). Make sure that you take time-zones into account when choosing the time! I think this feature is under "Select programs to record" on my TiVo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It looks like NBC will stream the race live as well. Schedule is listed as 7 - 10:30 pm ADT (that is Alaska time, one hour earlier than Pacific, for those who don't know). Listing is at http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_o...T/day=0/sport=CY/online.html?increment=158666. I'm assuming the listing will have a live link when the time comes, but I'm not sure how that will work. I do hope most of the cycling events happen at times such that live streaming occurs in prime time here in Alaska. Much better than the 4:00 am rising times to watch the Tour online...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cbc tv

is apparently broadcasting the men's road race live this evening at 8 PM, PDT on the network as well as over the web.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
ftmsb said:
It looks like NBC will stream the race live as well. Schedule is listed as 7 - 10:30 pm ADT (that is Alaska time, one hour earlier than Pacific, for those who don't know). Listing is at http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_o...T/day=0/sport=CY/online.html?increment=158666. I'm assuming the listing will have a live link when the time comes, but I'm not sure how that will work. I do hope most of the cycling events happen at times such that live streaming occurs in prime time here in Alaska. Much better than the 4:00 am rising times to watch the Tour online...
Yesterday they had it list as 2:30-5:30AM East Coast Time, now they have it from 11pm to 2:30am tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.