Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Man, I'm Awesome
2,203 Posts
Heres a training plan

Here is my sure fire training plan for success and it won't cost you anything

1)Ride every day.

2)One day a week go as fast as you can for an hour. Then puke.

3)One day a week go as far as you can, work up to at least 100 miles.

4)The other days ride easy to moderat pace for 1-2 hrs.

5)Eat lots of food, often.

6)Rinse, and repeat.

Everything else is basically the same, but repakaged to make it look fancy. This plan will work just as good if not better than any of those and it didn't cost you a thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think I will try your handy-dandy training plan out. I kinda do it already besides puking.

I usually take 1 day to do intervals of 6-8x 30 second full speed impulses from a complete stop every 5 minutes.

1 day I try to go near or above my previous mileage record, which is 55 miles right now.

Other days I just just riding to keep a pace and keep heart rate a certain level and at a certain average speed.

Every now and then the long ride will be replaced with a race.

Unfortunately, I believe my first century is going to be the Shenandoah Mountain 100 miler. That is a 100 mile mountain bike race in harrisonburg, VA. Fortunately for me going 45 miles on the mountain bike feels just as bad as 55 miles on the road.....

I believe that would sound a little odd to most people.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
brianmcg said:

1)Ride every day.

6)Rinse, and repeat.

Everything else is basically the same, but repakaged to make it look fancy. This plan will work just as good if not better than any of those and it didn't cost you a thing.
As is normal with a bad plans, this starts without goals. - TF

·
Man, I'm Awesome
2,203 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
As is normal with a bad plans, this starts without goals. - TF

Here are 99.99% of every cyclists goals:

1)Ride faster.

2)Ride farther.

This plan pretty much covers it.

Many people will not like it because you don't need to know trigonometry to calculate your perfect heart rate zones or lactate thresholds. This will also free up too much time to ride, as you will no longer need to read endless volumes on how to work your HR monitor or your new GPS device. For some reason, people refuse to believe it could be this simple.

Have fun riding today. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
brianmcg said:

1)Ride every day.

6)Rinse, and repeat.

This is almost the exact same plan a coach set up for me last year...although it was slightly more expensive than 'free'. Bottom line: Most people simply ride too hard too often, and don't ride long enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.