Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was washing my 2009 Supersix today when I noticed something odd on the toptube.
My frame is the black and white paint job, and right in the middle of the top tube in the white section there is something unusual going on right at the point where the "SUPERSIX" graphic meats the thin line where it says 'High Modulus'... It looks like either the clearcoat has separated from the paint and has taken some of the white paint off with it, or like someone used that 'white-out' tape to cover something up on the white paint before applying the clearcoat. I know its hard to describe without pics but: A) I don't have my camera with me, and B) I'm not sure it will even show up on camera.

The frame has never been crashed, dropped, or impacted (at least not while in MY posession - since I bought it) and I don't sit on the toptube. Has anyone noticed anything similar on their Super Six? Is this something I should bring to my shop to check out to play it safe??

I'll try posting pics ASAP.

Thanks!

· Registered
20 Posts
It sounds to me like you have a paint blemish. Keep an eye on it to see if it morphs over time (obviously you will do that!). Yes, take it to your LBL.

Did you buy it used? This was the US made SS6? Is it on warrenty?

If, God forbid, you have a crack and its off warrenty, Calfee can repair it for you and repaint back to spec.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.