Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told I have weird taste in music.

Someone tell me this is not too weird.

G

·
I thought it sounded like the GD, then I noticed Mike Gordon's name. Not weird, but too bland for my taste.

To give some perspective, here are the three albums I listened to at work today.
Mago - Definition of raw moments from a different perspective
https://adnoiseam.bandcamp.com/album/definition-of-raw-moments-from-a-different-perspective

The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus - Beauty Will Save the World
https://revolutionaryarmyoftheinfantjesus.bandcamp.com/album/beauty-will-save-the-world

LDL - Lamentations
https://play.spotify.com/album/6gag...e&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open

·
すし + Sweet Potato Kugel
5,846 Posts
I got weirder. Really. She's a great singer too.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Never heard before....Lamentations..cool tune. Kinda reminded me of the Sting wispy type tunes.....I could almost hear him singing it.....

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
started pretty cool and then turned into alt folk pop

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
That tune was not too weird.....Actually, kinda cool!!!
Yeah. Not great, but not weird. If your friends call you weird because of that, they're weird.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Most "original" art is viewed as weird by the majority at first. This music is not at all original, ground breaking or whatever you want to call it. So I agree the JCavilia that it's weird to consider that weird.

Remember how weird the Talking Heads seemed when the first hit the scene. B'52's are another. Turns out they were just original and now their music doesn't seem weird.

Then there's art like Hieronymus Bosch. I assume his paintings were weird in the 1400's and will always be considered weird.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
I've been bingeing on Reggie Watts lately- he's a perfect combination of talent, quirkiness, humor, rhythm and surprises. I can't get enough. Though sometimes he's billed as comedy, sometimes as music.

Dan Deacon is another weird artist I just learned about the other day. He's classically trained, but his specialty is electronica. Sometimes it's too noisy for me to take, but other times it's fascinating. Lacks the soul of Watts' music, but is still great art.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Apparently, everything he does is a one-off. He's got a background working with musicians on tour, and as part of a band.

Damn good improv skills, and no instruments besides the box and a keyboard.

Oh, and the dancing. Holy crap. He's channeling a bit of Andy Kaufman with his act.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
The first song is quite a bit from regular pop music. Weird? Maybe.

When I think of weird, I think of
John Trubee and the Ugly Janitors of America
Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel
Throbbing Gristle

All on Youtube!

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Someone's been telling me that for 50 years. Don't worry about it.

Great stuff. Like, really great.

You familiar with DMZ and the Lyres? Not like we're buddies or anything but I've talked to the singer of each, Jeff Connolly, a few times and to say he's a fan of the 13th Floor Elevators would be an understatement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.