Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I asked Gregg for a Campy forum. Not bad! He had to appease the other guys by making a Shimano forum too, okay I can live with that.

Not to dissuade us from using the components forum for non-specific issues, wrenching, and everything else.

Hopefully we can get some posts here, although Campy guys usually don't have too much problems with their stuff, it might be a quiet place.

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
I'm waiting for the "official" ruling on whether to put up a Shimano board. They definitely don't have the core following that Campy does, but my sense of fairness says I should.

-g

·
I love my Fondriest
75 Posts
gregg said:
I'm waiting for the "official" ruling on whether to put up a Shimano board. They definitely don't have the core following that Campy does, but my sense of fairness says I should.

-g
How about puting in an "Other Components" forum. That would seam fair ;)
OK, I admit I use Shimano at the moment, but come Thursday, I will be the proud owner of Chorus (and a Fondy to boot :) ).

·
Banned
9 Posts
Gregg-orio, welcome to the world of enlightenment !

Kiwi Rider said:
How about puting in an "Other Components" forum. That would seam fair ;)
OK, I admit I use Shimano at the moment, but come Thursday, I will be the proud owner of Chorus (and a Fondy to boot :) ).
I bear no grudge for your previous misgivings as you are after all one of Gods children. Like all who use campagnolo you have attained much wisdom and truth - ride forth young man.

ciao

·
I love my Fondriest
75 Posts
Tullio Campagnolo said:
I bear no grudge for your previous misgivings as you are after all one of Gods children. Like all who use campagnolo you have attained much wisdom and truth - ride forth young man.

ciao
Thanks, now if only Thursday came a bit sooner...

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Another place to expound on my Campy fixation.

Heck my cross bike had Campy Daytona 10 on it!

Although, I have to admit I am looking at a FSA Carbon Crank-

dont tell anyone.

:p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Campy vs. FSA cranks

FSA cranks are fine ( I like my 2003 Record ones better!!!), but be aware: the "Q-factor" is different, by about 20 mm, and a lot of riders don't like the difference.

Terry D

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
C50 said:
FSA cranks are fine ( I like my 2003 Record ones better!!!), but be aware: the "Q-factor" is different, by about 20 mm, and a lot of riders don't like the difference.

Terry D
Thanks for the info. Sadly, until Campy works out the stiffness issues and gets a splined drive set up (not to mention the price premium over the lighter, stiffer FSA crankset), the FSA's are a better deal. I have a set of the FSA Al cross cranks on bike cross bike and have not noticed the Q-factor difference so far- but it is good to know about. I am only in the planning stages right now, as I have the regular Campy Record Al crank on my bike now- and I need to pick up a set of race wheels first.

:)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
No offense, but Campy doesn't have any stiffness issues with cranks. Square taper might not sound as appealing. In practice however it makes no difference. For comparison basis I also happen to own a bike with SI Hollowgram cranks. Those are stiffer than anything Shimano has, yet I notice no difference in performance. They just shift like crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.