Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come to the conclusion that there is not much if any to be gained by dropping a grand plus/minus a couple hundred on a new set on clinchers of any type other then my pocket will be lighter. I was looking at the somewhat new trend of a wider rim and put a micrometer on my current rim; a campagnolo nucleon and it turns out I am already on a somewhat wider rim as it is just under 21.5mm wide. It's profile is that by 19mm deep so I am guessing the rim weight is probably in the 450g range putting it on the lighter end of the scale, so using the weight advantage is out. And even before I took them apart and cleaned them up, greased um up they rolled really well, perhaps now even a little better.

I really wanted to justify a new set of wheels. I guess I have some sort of bike gear buying sickness because even they I have plenty of socks I couldn't say no getting a 3 pack of castelli's from bonktown. Oh well could be worse

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.