Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
school is kicking my butt, I crashed my roadbike and screwed up the rear derailleur and cant afford to fix it right now, and my squirrels are back in my attic. other than that life is just stupendous.

I just spent a week down in Guadelajara. it was pretty cool down there. the city itself sucks ass and there are like dead dogs laying in the streets and you cant flush toilet paper and there are all kinds of bums and scary looking kids, but I did some hiking up in the mountains around the countryside and once I got away from the beggars and the organized criminals and the noise I was totally blown away by the place.

there is some serious poverty in mexico, however I was amazed by the people in these little towns. they have nothing but they're super friendly, they dont care how much or little spanish you speak, they will welcome you into their houses and they are incredibly self sufficient. i'm not gonna get all high and mighty about noble savages and all that crap but man, if you told me a year ago i'd spend a whole week without an ipod or computer or tv and have to pump cold water for a bath and stuff, I'd have said you were tweeking. but the thing is, when you don't have all that distracting crap you realize you don't need it. it's kinda nice to just sit and talk or listen to people play guitar and you're glad to go to bed when the sun goes down because you've been busting your ass all day hauling a donkey cart somewhere or god only knows what. i learned how to play dominoes from a guy who is probably old enough to be my great grandpa. my spanish is pretty f'ed up but I'm pretty sure he told me he's ninety-four.

so anyways I was afraid to take any of my good camera stuff knowing my luck someone would have conned me for it but I brought you guys back some stuff anyhow:

beer, dancing chicks, hot latinos, cute latinas, a guitar, a funny hat, food, margaritas, etc, etc and all that. line forms at the front please, no shoving, one at a time, there's something here for everyone.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you always stay where you're comfortable you never really experience life. Glad to hear ya had a safe trip and good luck on getting the bike fixed.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Since the squirrels are back I guess the marriage proposal is withdrawn?:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no you dont get off that easy

snapdragen said:
oh no Mz. Snap, you're stuck with me, all the girls in the lounge need at least one stalker so hope you like skinny blonde dweebs with shaved legs and scabs. had you in mind when I picked out that hot latino photo, in fact.

if marriage isnt your thing I could always just be your houseboy. and if you find me a working 9 speed dura-ace rear derailleur, I'll mop your floors. with my tongue.

you still get props from me cuz it worked in the first place and I had three whole weeks of peace and quiet. since I survived Guadelajara i'm feeling kinda brave so I plan to head back up there tomorrow. if the centipedes attack I'm ready for em this time and my roommate's outa town so there's no one around to laugh at me if I throw another screaming epileptic girly fit.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
all the wimmens are belong to J's.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
weapons grade chaos said:
dude I'd fight ya for her! anyways I'm way closer geographically. and I bet I look better in bike shorts.
forget lookin' better in shorts, i have that ruled.

as far as fighting, i only do that when it's time to protect myself, family, or friends.

i WILL thumb wrestle you for her, or play a two-out-of-three game of chess, but you'll lose both ways.

however i suspect we should let Snappy decide on this one.

and JT and Eddy and Paint, as the three of us are already moving into the compound together.

etc etc.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haiku d'etat said:
i WILL thumb wrestle you for her...
you are on, dude I rule at thumb wars!!! you are so pwned and you dont even know it yet.

judging from previous threads I should prolly start trying to grow a beard to get all the cool chicks. except for the part where my facial hair growing capability is exactly one percent better than a twelve year old girl's and since what beard hair I do have comes in even lighter than my hair anyhow it basically makes me look like I have dirt on my chin. rats.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
chaos and I can move to the compound too. He's becoming pretty good at varmit control...:p

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
you are going to lose the match. i've been in the attic with the 'pedes and sleeping in yer walls and the tree out back and yer pwn3d already. you just don't no it yet. don't rush me boy, i'm the guy from all them Thomas Harris novels. LOL!)!)!)))@

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
chaos and I can move to the compound too. He's becoming pretty good at varmit control...:p
so long as he sleeps in the help's quarters and not like with the harem.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
and JT and Eddy and Paint, as the three of us are already moving into the compound together.
Count me out. I'm not good at sharing.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
so long as he sleeps in the help's quarters and not like with the harem.
Waitaminute! You two are the beginning of the harem! Didn't you know that? We'll be recruiting others....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
no prob

haiku d'etat said:
so long as he sleeps in the help's quarters
long as you guys let me mow the lawn without my shirt on... cuz you know the only thing good about being young and skinny and all that swimming i'm doing is I got the six pack going pretty decent. work on my tan a bit and well you know how the gals like keeping their domestic help happy :D i know I'm not much good for conversation but i'm young, fit strong and don't wear out too quick. oh and I got some huge... feet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ha that wasn't you!

haiku d'etat said:
you are going to lose the match. i've been in the attic with the 'pedes and sleeping in yer walls and the tree out back and yer pwn3d already. you just don't no it yet. don't rush me boy, i'm the guy from all them Thomas Harris novels. LOL!)!)!)))@
we dont have a tree out back. only a dumpster. and if you've been in that, then I guarantee snapdragen's gonna have nothing to do with you. we aren't too far from the bar and i've seen people yakking in it.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
snapdragen said:
And I got married way before joining RBR :rolleyes: . Kind of hard to cruise the women of RBR with a beautiful wife and two kids ;).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
welcome back wgc, nice report too. I was wondering where the heck you went. sorry the tree rats are back.
thanks dude glad you liked the mexico report. I learned a lot there, and I'm planning on doing some serious travel over the summer. real eye opener and made me kinda realize how very little I know about the rest of the world.

I was so pissed about the treerats yesterday... when I crashed my bike I totally tore myself up and sleeping has been hard to begin with so when those f'rs started up I was like i seriously dont care HOW many damn centipedes are in that attic. war has officially been declared. its on you bastards!

i'm thinking I may still need cooper's help too, cuz burning the whole sh*tpit down in some mad sick and untraceable method is looking more and more appealing.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
a good friend of mine who teaches in L.A. takes his summers off and tours on his motorcycle down in Mexico. He really likes the Copper Canyon area. His bike is an enduro (kind of like a cyclocross) so he does both road (which are crappy) and dirt trails. He's been as far south as Guatemala on his bike. I've been down there a couple times and really liked it. Its quite difn't than here. Never saw any perros muertos though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts