Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took her out for a 30 miler this AM and the fit is perfect and the ride was smooth.

Ride report after I get more time.

Only remaining piece is a silver front brake cable hanger......had to special order the 1". Fenders are coming for the rainy days.

Bar tape is the big question. Put Light blue that matched the Decals but it was too much....Brooks leather is on right now in Antique brown to match the saddle.....but I'm not sure.

Great Bike so far.

Len

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Bar tape - I'd go with black and let the bike speak for itself. Benotto would be nice. I hate to say it but to my eye, that brown detracts from the beauty of the bike.

My wife the fashionista says - 1st Red if you can find one that's not too loud. 2nd Cream (which I told her does not exist) or possibly white and 3rd Black - it will play well with the tires.

Her philosophy (which I follow often) is the always try to use a color that's in the bike. Barring that (in the case of the blue, which I know is loud) black is the answer.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Gorgeous Len!

Those rear stays are wiggin me out ;-)

I'd go with black tape meself.

Let us know how it rides when you get a bit more time on it

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yep, I agree, black tape and saddle. The black tape will go better with the lever hoods. I think maybe the black Fizik tape would look good, it's got some peroforations that look sort of old-school to me. Also, is that a white carbon seatpost??? I can't really tell from the picture, but that bike does NOT need carbon anywhere near it, it's too classy looking for any plastic accesories!

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Put some white tape on it and ride without gloves for a while, presto ---- cream colored tape. If you send some white tape to me, I will put it on my commuter for you. Within a few weeks, it will be a nice rusty brown color from the red dirt and will match your saddle. Standing by to help. Nice bike, I want one. With gears. Aloha BB

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Very, very nice my friend Len. Wow, love the rear stays. As for the bar tape, listen to Terry's wife, she know where it's at :)
Cheers, Wayne

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
terry b said:
Hey bud,

I have 78F and 16% humidity today, what you got?
Today was gorgeous, 14C (57F) and beautiful sunshine. I was hoping take the Moots and go for a ride tomorrow, but the high is only supposed to be 4C (40F) and cloudy :( . How's you season going so far?

G

·
wayneanneli said:
Today was gorgeous, 14C (57F) and beautiful sunshine. I was hoping take the Moots and go for a ride tomorrow, but the high is only supposed to be 4C (40F) and cloudy :( . How's you season going so far?

4C is balmy, get out there and ride.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
colker1 said:
what seatpost is that? do u feel/ see any action on those curved stays?
Xlr Seatpost...it has perfect setback for a brooks...
http://www.wallbike.com/seatposts/matrix.html
(Mine doesn't need the shim.)

I only have 30miles on the bike....it's hard to tell so far if the smooth ride is the 28 tires the bike or the stays. It does feel planted on washboard roads......I'll let you know when I have more miles on it.

Len

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.