Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just wanted to say hi to everyone on the forum, and share my excitement over my new bike.......A Pinarello F3:13. I have always wanted a Pinerallo, and finally got the wife to OK the purchase on a closeout from a shop here in town. I am actually coming off of an S-Works Tarmac, and i have nothing but good to say about this bike. I never really "enjoyed" road biking, it was more to train for mountain biking, this bike literally made me fall in love with road biking again. Dont get me wrong, the Tarmac was a great fast bike, but when i sit on this F3, it just feels like a am at "home" i never got that feeling from any other bike, it inspires confidence in the corner, and just really wants move, I love it.

The shop owner gave me a great deal, when i called was told the price was $3000 on the phone, and when i got there, he knocked the price down to 1999.99. The bike came with a compact, i have always ridden a full double crank, so he swapped the MOST compact crank out for an FSA SLK carbon double for $100, i couldnt beat that deal, then he gave me a great fit, and took alot of time going over everything with me. I know my local specialized dealer will be upset when i show up for the weekend ride with this bike, but, it doesnt matter to me, i love road biking again! The bike is super smooth and just soaks the road imperfections up, and its all business when you hammer on the cranks!

Just thought i would share! Hopefully i can put some $$ into a lighter wheelset, the dealer really tried to push the Mavic R-SYS wheels on me, they were sweet, but a bit too much for me at the moment, is there another wheelset that you guys recommend.....or should i just start putting money into the piggybank (the one the wife doesnt know about, lol!) and get the R-SYS wheels?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was Shimano Ultegra components that came on it, it was the last one they had left, so i couldnt be too picky. I just put my first upgrades on it though, a Specialized Carbon bar, and i am SOOO tempted by the R-Sys wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.