Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Oh hai there
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a ride out to the southwest corner of the USA today. Sorry the pics are a little crummy they are from my mobile phone.

The Tijuana/Playas Bullring.

The Corner of the USA including big steel fence.

Under the saddle bags are good little pillows for concrete tables.:thumbsup:

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Cool stuff. No probs riding around there with traffic and what not?

· Oh hai there
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No there is only one very brief stretch of road that I have any traffic at all, just going through Imperial Beach. Most everything else is frontage, farm, neighborhood roads.

Just to clarify I was still in the United States, but I did poke my finger through the chain link and touch Mexican soil.

· Oh hai there
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I just finished building it up a few weeks ago.

You CAN swim around the fence and during a spring low tide you can walk around it. However, there are two things not show in my pictures 1. A 30' tall tower with multiple video cameras lights and a public address horn, 2. A U.S. Border Patrol agent in his/her pickup.

When I was a little kid my parents took us down to the park where I was laying on the bench, and we would jump back and forth as kids do between the two countries. With heightened border security what it is these days I imagine that would be frowned upon. It is actually a felony to enter the country without U.S. Immigration and Customs permition.

In fact the fence ends part way through San Diego County and resumes here and there though the rest of the continental border but there are massive spans of no marked border at all between the two countries where one can run back and forth as much as they like, kinda like the Canadian border.

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
de.abeja said:
Thanks! I just finished building it up a few weeks ago.

You CAN swim around the fence and during a spring low tide you can walk around it. However, there are two things not show in my pictures 1. A 30' tall tower with multiple video cameras lights and a public address horn, 2. A U.S. Border Patrol agent in his/her pickup.

When I was a little kid my parents took us down to the park where I was laying on the bench, and we would jump back and forth as kids do between the two countries. With heightened border security what it is these days I imagine that would be frowned upon. It is actually a felony to enter the country without U.S. Immigration and Customs permition.

In fact the fence ends part way through San Diego County and resumes here and there though the rest of the continental border but there are massive spans of no marked border at all between the two countries where one can run back and forth as much as they like, kinda like the Canadian border.

Hey, thanks for the info. I've just always been curious about that.

So how do you like your GT so far? The top tube looks really cool.

Thanks,
Tshirt

· Oh hai there
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am really enjoying the bike, it is my first carbon bike so I don't have a real good reference to say if it is bad or good. It is comfy and flies like a bullet down the road, I guess that is all you really need right?

· Oh hai there
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You do go on Mr. MB1.

Seriously though I think that comfort and gearing has really brought out my potential, this bike fits me better than my last one and is a compact instead of a triple. I honestly feel like I am on top of the gear more than before, with the triple I felt more like I was always in between gears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.