Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I headed out on a ride Sunday morning. It was only 40.37 miles with 1108 feet of climbing. (I got a Garmin for xmas) I took some shots from Royal Kunia looking down at the Waipahu/Ewa Beach area. In the distance you can see Honolulu and Diamond Head.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ewa Village

After descending from Royal Kunia, I rode through historic Ewa Village. In the late 19th through the mid 20th century, Ewa (Eva) was a center for sugar cane. The pictures show the bungalow type houses built in this area. In recent years, the houses have been revitalized the area is a desirable location to live. I was a little suprised to see the Abraham Lincoln statue at an elementary school. I guess Lincoln spent the "lost years" in Hawaii before going to congress. The plaque said something like "Da Rail Splittah".

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am The Edge said:
nice pics.

why do you roll up the elastic on your volers?
It is always warm and humid here. Rolling the elastic keeps the rubbery stuff off my skin. Better tanline as well.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Weather here was chilly and rainy. I started the year off wrong by not going for a ride.

You've got the setup.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
bigbill said:
On PO I am a moderate, here I am a metro. My life is complete.
Is "moderate" what they call borderline bedwetters nowadays? :D

Nice pics. Happy New Year!

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Einstruzende said:
Weather here was chilly and rainy. I started the year off wrong by not going for a ride.

You've got the setup.
It was really nice here today. I was up until around 3am so I slept in until 10:30 and have been on my butt watching TV all day. Not wrong, but not right. I have tomorrow off, I will ride after installing a new Centaur UT crankset on the Pego. I just don't like my FSA SLK anymore.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KenB said:
Is "moderate" what they call borderline bedwetters nowadays? :D

Nice pics. Happy New Year!
After the ride I spent some quality time in the garage listening to NPR.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
bigbill said:
After the ride I spent some quality time in the garage listening to NPR.
Nice weather/nice ride there Bill...I did my first post surgery ride on friday, felt good...Happy New Year you closet moderate

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
svend said:
Nice weather/nice ride there Bill...I did my first post surgery ride on friday, felt good...Happy New Year you closet moderate

Tomorrow is the first day back to work after new years. I don't know if you ever did a new years here, but a good deal of tomorrow morning will be spent going around and wishing each other a Happy New Year. Probably some good food as well. I guess that we will only get two work days this week. Just finished installing a Centaur UT crankset on the Pegoretti. I was expecting utility and got a polished finish and high quality chainrings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts