Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I headed out on a ride Sunday morning. It was only 40.37 miles with 1108 feet of climbing. (I got a Garmin for xmas) I took some shots from Royal Kunia looking down at the Waipahu/Ewa Beach area. In the distance you can see Honolulu and Diamond Head.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ewa Village

After descending from Royal Kunia, I rode through historic Ewa Village. In the late 19th through the mid 20th century, Ewa (Eva) was a center for sugar cane. The pictures show the bungalow type houses built in this area. In recent years, the houses have been revitalized the area is a desirable location to live. I was a little suprised to see the Abraham Lincoln statue at an elementary school. I guess Lincoln spent the "lost years" in Hawaii before going to congress. The plaque said something like "Da Rail Splittah".

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Einstruzende said:
Weather here was chilly and rainy. I started the year off wrong by not going for a ride.

You've got the setup.
It was really nice here today. I was up until around 3am so I slept in until 10:30 and have been on my butt watching TV all day. Not wrong, but not right. I have tomorrow off, I will ride after installing a new Centaur UT crankset on the Pego. I just don't like my FSA SLK anymore.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
bigbill said:
After the ride I spent some quality time in the garage listening to NPR.
Nice weather/nice ride there Bill...I did my first post surgery ride on friday, felt good...Happy New Year you closet moderate

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
svend said:
Nice weather/nice ride there Bill...I did my first post surgery ride on friday, felt good...Happy New Year you closet moderate

Tomorrow is the first day back to work after new years. I don't know if you ever did a new years here, but a good deal of tomorrow morning will be spent going around and wishing each other a Happy New Year. Probably some good food as well. I guess that we will only get two work days this week. Just finished installing a Centaur UT crankset on the Pegoretti. I was expecting utility and got a polished finish and high quality chainrings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.