Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in doing a ride with some climbing this Saturday? I'm in Ashburn, will probably be riding out to Leesburg then out to Mt Weather and back. From Ashburn, I mapped it out to be about 80-85 miles, using part of Fabulous Mikes Leg Ripping Mt Weather ride on Bikely.com.

This isn't a hammerfest. Just 42 year old me riding along at a moderate pace. My guess is that a total average speed would be around 17.5 to 18, but I'm willing to slow down and take breaks. I just have this masochistic love of going up hills, even though I'm fairly big.

· Registered
219 Posts
JohnnyTooBad said:
Anyone interested in doing a ride with some climbing this Saturday? I'm in Ashburn, will probably be riding out to Leesburg then out to Mt Weather and back. From Ashburn, I mapped it out to be about 80-85 miles, using part of Fabulous Mikes Leg Ripping Mt Weather ride on Bikely.com.

This isn't a hammerfest. Just 42 year old me riding along at a moderate pace. My guess is that a total average speed would be around 17.5 to 18, but I'm willing to slow down and take breaks. I just have this masochistic love of going up hills, even though I'm fairly big.

hmm. a possibility. what kind of traffic is it in?
all car? some pedestrian?

· Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rsosborn said:
hmm. a possibility. what kind of traffic is it in?
all car? some pedestrian?
It would be almost all on roads. Some of it could be on the W&OD, but that is avoidable but would add a few miles. I don't like riding on the W&OD on weekends but with 80 miles with a lot of climbing, I might be happy to shorten the route and deal with people.

· Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out I didn't ride at all this weekend. The heat and humidity kept me from wanting to do a long, hilly ride, and in the morning, I was in the car on Rt 28 going under the W&OD, and it was a sea of people, so I figured even a short ride would be more trouble than it's worth. So I spent the whole day trying to get my workshop in order (it's mostly been a storage area since I finished the basement last fall and I need to get it organized so that I can start on some projects my wife is nagging me to do).

I'll definitely figure out a time and see who we can get to come along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.