Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding for about 2 hours out my shorts are soaked and start to feel like a wet diaper; ends up causing some blistering on the booty while riding back 2 hours.

Anyone have this issue or should I try different shorts?

I am using the Capo Forma ... not sure the model, but they were $150.00 and seem to be good shorts.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Dunno. What part is getting chafed? On rides of >30 miles, I always use a lubricant like Vaseline or its generic equalivent.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using the butt butt-r stuff on the shorts before I put them on; blister is from the front portion of the saddle at the booty crack.

I only bought one pair of shorts and wash them on "Hand Wash Cycle" everyday. Could I be wearing them out after only 3 weeks because of the washing? *Edit* 20 Minute was cycle in the Maytag front loader.

The shorts feel great until they get wet then it's a wet diaper feeling which lead to the blister this time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
g8keyper said:
After riding for about 2 hours out my shorts are soaked and start to feel like a wet diaper; ends up causing some blistering on the booty while riding back 2 hours.

Anyone have this issue or should I try different shorts?

I am using the Capo Forma ... not sure the model, but they were $150.00 and seem to be good shorts.
I would try a pair of Champion brand seamless underwear. They'll keep you dry, and because they're elastic, they'll be doing the rubbing, not your skin. I think they're a great investment for $7 at Target. After that I would use triathlon shorts rather than regular cycling shorts. You'll be surprised how well the combination works and feels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.