Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
go up
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a little time on the trainer this AM; just enough to remove yesterdays damage. Anyway, when I finished, I noticed my bike computer was displaying 15 MPH. The front wheel was not turning at all. ??? I turned the volume down on my MP3 player to force prodigy to the back of my mind and allow some CPU time for figuring out what the heck is going on. As I decreased the volume, my speed increased to a very impressive 73 MPH. Problem resolved.

·
go up
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's going to do wonders for my climbing!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
See!? You're in a lot better shape than you thought.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
deadlegs said:
It's going to do wonders for my climbing!
You are aware that for maximum climbing enhancement you must be listening to "light" rock.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
deadlegs said:
I spent a little time on the trainer this AM; just enough to remove yesterdays damage. Anyway, when I finished, I noticed my bike computer was displaying 15 MPH. The front wheel was not turning at all. ??? I turned the volume down on my MP3 player to force prodigy to the back of my mind and allow some CPU time for figuring out what the heck is going on. As I decreased the volume, my speed increased to a very impressive 73 MPH. Problem resolved.
That's one of the new government mandated "effective speed when listening to headphones" cyclometers. Good thing you were on a trainer! - TF

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
See!? You're in a lot better shape than you thought.
I don't think so. I'm old and fat and out of shape, but I've at least always been able to generate positive speed while on the bike. This guy's bike went fastest after he got off so he must be slowing it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts