Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. As you know I am not as experienced as many of the folk on this Colnago board. Have had the President for some weeks now, have been away with work for one week. But have had some 6 decent rides now.

I am really enjoying the bike, it has taken some getting used to. Made some minor adjustments. Got off a multi hour ride today and I could walk well. I thought my seat on my mountain bike was hard, this is another story. Thought my butt was hardened from the mountian bike. It has had to harden up some more for this roadie bike.

Have got very much used to standing and digging it in now, if you remember it felt odd because the mtb has suspension. It still makes me grin how stiff this bike is in the BB area, and man can it accelerate, very fast. The stableness in decending big hills amazes me too. Just no issues at all.

Finally worked out a way to mount the Polar 725 to the Cinelli Ram bars. The mount that came with the bars was slightly too thin so to speak. Have sorted though.

Would appreciate any thoughts you may have on set up etc, feel pretty good in most areas, but you may have that magical tip.

Oh one more thing, it is very boring riding on a trainer at home, even watching a movie doesnt help much.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dam yes, I still get a great grin every ride......... It is a stunning ride, am spoilt really. Nice when a many year dream can come to fruition............... Still love my mountian biking though. Have to make time for both............

Must say climbing a nice hill section in Barcelona when it is quite and peaceful is a great feeling.................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.