Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was out on a short ride. While tucking in the down hill section I started thinking, I can't recall ever going down on my current bike. I've been riding this current frame for 17-18 years. Went home took a shower and relaxed.
Today got on the bike for a longer ride. Came to the first light. There's typically not much traffic and I'll just slow down and go when it's clear, bet there was another cyclist waiting for the light so I stopped and un clipped. The light turns green we start moving away I fumble clipping in and lose momentum and boom, go down on the clipped in side. So much for not going down on this bike.
Thankfully the first thing to hit was my knee, hip then saddle. No scuffs at all on the bike. The Brooks took a little road rash as well as the knee. So not too bad just embarrassing as all get up.

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
Yesterday I was out on a short ride. While tucking in the down hill section I started thinking, I can't recall ever going down on my current bike. I've been riding this current frame for 17-18 years. Went home took a shower and relaxed.
Today got on the bike for a longer ride. Came to the first light. There's typically not much traffic and I'll just slow down and go when it's clear, bet there was another cyclist waiting for the light so I stopped and un clipped. The light turns green we start moving away I fumble clipping in and lose momentum and boom, go down on the clipped in side. So much for not going down on this bike.
Thankfully the first thing to hit was my knee, hip then saddle. No scuffs at all on the bike. The Brooks took a little road rash as well as the knee. So not too bad just embarrassing as all get up.
Just when you think you've got it made, the fickle finger of fate comes along and bites your as$. Now you're good for another 10 years! The bike will carry its scars proudly.

Happy New Year!

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
This is what happens when you ride in drag.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,410 Posts

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Meanwhile I have gone down on my bike 4 times in 13 months. First time was on my first actual long ride. C'est la vie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts