Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Ha! I love that dude. His similar win in the Tour while in yellow is my desktop wallpaper on the computer.

BTW - Zabel was also 2nd that day. Poor Erik, another of my favorite riders, a true year-round classy rider.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
As soon as Fabian took off with, what was it, 6 km to go?, I thought, "why doesn't anyone chase him down because that's the winning move if they don't catch that wheel!" And the answer is that they can't jump to him because he's too 'friggin strong! What a demoralizing move!

Great for the Tour of Switzerland to have the top Swiss rider take a stage.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
yeah, read the names that were chasing him:

Philippe Gilbert (Française des Jeux) and race leader Kim Kirchen (High Road) join Leif Hoste (Silence-Lotto), Fabian Cancellara (Team CSC), Markus Fothen (Gerolsteiner), making five.

18:02 CEST
Cancellara hits out from this group! Go Spartacus!

18:02 CEST 166km/5km to go
Stijn Devolder (Quick Step) is doing his beset to join up to Kim Kirchen (High Road).

18:03 CEST
Swiss Cancellara, winner of Milano-Sanremo, has this races strung tight.

18:05 CEST 168km/3km to go
With 4000 metres remaining, Fabian Cancellara (Team CSC) is riding his own time trial world championship.

Non other than Alessandro Ballan (Lampre) is joining the mix!

Plus the Milram train and the other sprinter teams.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
If Cancellara isn't one of your three favorite active riders, something is seriously wrong with you.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Pablo said:
If Cancellara isn't one of your three favorite active riders, something is seriously wrong with you.
Beside the fact that he is such a strong rider, he appears to be a nice guy.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah, he's been my favorite rider ever since Jan went belly up!.... Cancellara is so impressive in everything he does. I think his stage win getting away from the sprinters 1km from the line in last year's tours is one of the best wins I've ever seen. What a rider!

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Ha! I love that dude. His similar win in the Tour while in yellow is my desktop wallpaper on the computer.

BTW - Zabel was also 2nd that day. Poor Erik, another of my favorite riders, a true year-round classy rider.
Yeah poor Erik he's only won the TdF Green Jersey 6 times in a row and the Milan - San Remo 4 times, and now that he's 38 and older than 99% of all the other pros he can only manage 2nd. Poor poor Erik, probably starve to death or something. ; )

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Einstruzende said:
And he does it again! On the final stage and in the same manner. Fabian has to be the most exciting rider out there right now. No one has an answer when the takes off.
Without a frame pump, they're powerless to stop him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.