Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got done with my work about noon and worked in the yard a bit. My wife said "Are you going for a ride?"

Well the wind was kicking from 10 to 25 mph and it did not look good. I mentioned that and she said, "Hey I need to go in to work for a bit, I'll take the truck and pick you up."

SWEEEEEET...she does love me!

I made it from my driveway to Cambridge (20+ miles south, in and hour and 2 minutes, 40 seconds....)

I was riding the new build and still do not have a front derailleur, BUT I had it on the 53 and that was really all I needed with a 20 mph tailwind.

I was hitting 38 mph on the easy descents (no real hills on this route), there were times when I was going 23 mph and still couldn't feel the wind in my face.

This bike REALLY fits me well.....it is really comfortable...and it has a tail wind!

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
fun... ya know we always talk about doing that but have never actually done it. Bonus points for the missus.

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
We've been battling our spring winds here all week. What with the crazy direction-switching and my own weird schedule, I've spent the whole week trudging around town on my bike and muttering foul things about the wind that always seemed to be at my head. But today, it happened. I caught the tailwind home, and it was beautiful. I was flying. I was almost coasting uphill. It made me want to experiment with a sail. Gotta love the tail winds!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
chatterbox said:
We've been battling our spring winds here all week. What with the crazy direction-switching and my own weird schedule, I've spent the whole week trudging around town on my bike and muttering foul things about the wind that always seemed to be at my head. But today, it happened. I caught the tailwind home, and it was beautiful. I was flying. I was almost coasting uphill. It made me want to experiment with a sail. Gotta love the tail winds!
EVERYONE likes a nice tail!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts