Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had the enviable task of firing a guy for cheating on his expense reports.......submitting expenses twice, trying to get reimbursed for ficticious expenses, personal expenses. Lieing about the business purpose for the expenses.....basically stealing from the company. We found over 50 incidents over a 1 month period. We started looking back (he's only been with us for a few months, and it was endemic.

Anyway, I confront him & you know what he says?:

"It wasn't all fraud, what's your problem?"

And he was dead serious!

An unfortunate reminder that there is evil in the world....even if most people aren't.

Len

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
I try not to think about what other people are thinking.
It seems to work out pretty well.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
He wasn't thinking.

And then you have guys like me who usually end up on the short end of the expense report because I don't claim everything I could.

·
Registered
819 Posts
When I worked retail we had a manager who was returning shoes from the backroom to himself. Always no receipt, of course, always cash return. What got him caught, all the addresses on the return sheet were tree names. Magnolia Ln, Oak St., etc. Guess he wasn't too creative.

He also couldn't believe we fired him.

Now, as a teacher, we had a teacher who just told his students what to do then went to work on his next Spanish language self help book. His work was all copied worksheets, over and over. The kids started just tearing off the front sheet from the last packet, or litterally scribbling out the old grade. See, he was scamming half of Mexico out of their money with mostly plagiarized ideas. He actually had self help books from Zigler and what not and just copied from them, translating to Spanish. Since it was in Mexico, no one knew any better. He even paid a kid $20 and an "A" to type it all for him. When I confronted him he told me that all teachers were in it to have a paying job that gave them lots of time to work on what was really important to them. He said we were all just pretending to work, I just hadn't figured it out yet. The sad part is, he wasn't far off the mark for some people.

He was sponsored by a major religion (won't say which) and finally got found out. The cut him off. He claimed to be excommunicated for "being too happy". He has now switched gears and is scamming people running an ex-__________ church. He is so full of lies he has convinced himself he is right. Some people, I guess I just don't get it.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
At a previous command, one of our senior officers (very senior) got busted for kidnapping, rape, sexual assault and sodomy. You couldn't even imagine the looks on our faces the morning we found out.

As for 24601's story, it often seems in my experience at least that those who are outed for their trangressions often cite religion immediately. It makes me dislike religion that much more. I know...guns don't kill people, god kills people. Praise the lord and pass the carne asada, and all that nonsense.....

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Len,
I hate to say, but some people are just plain stupid. They don't realise when they have a good thing going, such as having a job, and abuse the situation and the system. Those of us who are honest and treat the system with respect deserve better sometimes. Hopefully, good things will come to us in time. In his case, his track record will just keep following him.
Cheers, Wayne

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup.....

wayneanneli said:
Len,
I hate to say, but some people are just plain stupid. They don't realise when they have a good thing going, such as having a job, and abuse the situation and the system. Those of us who are honest and treat the system with respect deserve better sometimes. Hopefully, good things will come to us in time. In his case, his track record will just keep following him.
Cheers, Wayne
I don't know if it's stupid with this guy or he has bigger problems.......

There are a few things you can't teach at work:

1.) Intelligence
2.) Work Ethic
3.) Morality

I think this guy suffers from lack of 1 & 3

Sad really.

Len

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Yes, but....

Len J said:
Anyway, I confront him & you know what he says?:

"It wasn't all fraud, what's your problem?"

And he was dead serious!

Len
...at least he wasn't surfing the net and posting at work.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Funny, I was thining the same thing. Of course, I'm just recooping all those breaks I didn't take before finding this site. I think the gov. still owes me about 5000 minutes :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts