Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is in your mp3 player or what radio stations do you listen to on your rides. Is there something that you just love to listen to that gives you that extra push or some thing that you just love to listen to?

What is banging in your headphones?

I listen to Huey Lewis and the news- "It’s hip to be square" on repeat (for all you American Psycho fans haha)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ECF said:
+1 - No way I'm listening to anything else when that mommievan driving, coffee drinking, cell phone talking, makeup applying soccermom approaches me from behind.

you left out while screaming at their crying children in the back.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
DGK*UGLY said:
What is in your mp3 player or what radio stations do you listen to on your rides. Is there something that you just love to listen to that gives you that extra push or some thing that you just love to listen to?

What is banging in your headphones?

I listen to Huey Lewis and the news- "It’s hip to be square" on repeat (for all you American Psycho fans haha)
Huey Lewis suxxored goats ballz back in the 80s and I don't think time has done anything to change that. God how I loathed that "Sports" album.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, let's not debate about that then. Let's say, for the people that do listen to music when they ride- what are you listening to?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
Huey Lewis suxxored goats ballz back in the 80s and I don't think time has done anything to change that. God how I loathed that "Sports" album.

Watch American Psycho and then tell me that song sucked. When he’s cutting into Jerrod Lettos head with an axe while that song is blaring in the back ground. It is an amazing scene and gives that song a very different feel. Song is pretty damn crappy but that movie makes it wonderful.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan-zambrano/2353896964/

i am having trouble posting this picture on this because i'm at work but i hope it's the right one i found it off of image search on Yahoo

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
The last song I heard on the radio before I left the office, as it runs on a continuous loop in my head. but nothing in my ears.

A few years ago, I had a 17 mile commute that was all MUT, so I listened to the radio while riding. I just listened to talk radio or a local morning show jock who is a friend. I'm not all that into music.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
DGK*UGLY said:
Watch American Psycho and then tell me that song sucked. When he’s cutting into Jerrod Lettos head with an axe while that song is blaring in the back ground. It is an amazing scene and gives that song a very different feel. Song is pretty damn crappy but that movie makes it wonderful.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan-zambrano/2353896964/

i am having trouble posting this picture on this because i'm at work but i hope it's the right one i found it off of image search on Yahoo
yeah that was a good scene. same as when Tarantino used Stealer's Wheel's Stuck in the Middle with You when he was gonna chop that dude's ear off--still doesn't mean it wasn't a sucky song.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
such a good scene. i think i end up liking the songs because when i listen to them they remind me of that movie

·
Registered
896 Posts
I train indoors most of the time. so I have my ipod glued to my head. my "go to" playlists include:
- 6 different techno/house lists ( intervals, spin)
- 2 Punk lists( intervals, spin)
- 80's hair bands(general)
- reggae( reserved for super low cadence resistance work)
- heavy metal (race warmup)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I listen to a bunch of albums, rotating through: the Layla album, CSNY (Deja Vu), Zephyr (Sunset Ride), Stones Exile on Main Street, a Joni Mitchell greatest hits assortment, various JJ Cale albums, older Santana albums, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Johnny Winter (Second Winter). After a few months, I switch to some others.

I love listening to music when I ride, but do it less than in years past. Not because it's unsafe - it is not. But because I'm doing more in-city riding (as opposed to country roads) and therefore the road noise drowns the music out - I don't like to blast it too loud for hearing sake.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ECF said:
+1 - No way I'm listening to anything else when that mommievan driving, coffee drinking, cell phone talking, makeup applying soccermom approaches me from behind.
That comment could sooooo be taken out of context. :D

Anyhoo, I only use my iPod at the gym, or at my desk (and when I'm at work it's usually an audiobook while I design).

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
I used to ziptie my ipod shuffle to my helmet and use a pair of earphones that I maimed to only have a right earpiece while I rode. after running out of juice midride on 2 occasions I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and stopped.

With my arrangement outside noise was never blocked. I could also barely hear any music when the wind kicked up, but the rythm kept my mind off of the suck of the first 40 min pedalling.

I don't miss having music on rides though. It's a zen-like thing...as much as SUVs and commercial vehicles buzzing by you at 60mph while having your taint get assaulted bumps and debris on the road can be zen-like.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.