Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try really hard to be a rational individual, and to always apply critical thinking to what I do. Perhaps this is a symptom or cause of my mental/emotional issues, but it's who I am.

In spite of that, I do occasionally get a little superstitious here and there. For example, ascii's thread about Lounge kit and flats reminded me of my two strongest and most persistent superstitions: Never talk about how seldom you get flats; Never ever talk about how you haven't crashed your bike or moto in X period.

What's your superstition?

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
My grandmother was the queen of superstitions. Someone say a strange one and I will one up you.

BTW, when I wrestled in HS, if I was winning, I wouldn't wash my socks. I had about a 12match win streak one year. The socks just slowly greyed and went beyond rancid.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
back when i was competitively swimming, every big meet (1-2 a year) always required a brand-new pair of goggles...and the goggles were almost always the exact same. no idea why.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
I try really hard to be a rational individual, and to always apply critical thinking to what I do. Perhaps this is a symptom or cause of my mental/emotional issues, but it's who I am.

In spite of that, I do occasionally get a little superstitious here and there. For example, ascii's thread about Lounge kit and flats reminded me of my two strongest and most persistent superstitions: Never talk about how seldom you get flats; Never ever talk about how you haven't crashed your bike or moto in X period.

What's your superstition?
great, now yer gonna double flat and crash.

idjuct.

/ touches wood

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yes that is k0d3

·
9,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thinkcooper said:
Purchasing new boxers from the young Mexican checkout girls working at Target.
Wait. Are you for or against that?

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
No hats on the bed

I always got dressed in the same way in the same sequence when I played hockey.

·
Proud luddite
7,225 Posts
I have to play the same lottery numbers for every lottery drawing without fail, because I know for a fact that the one time I change the numbers or I miss a drawing, those "regular"numbers will win.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I don't talk to anybody about job interviews. Seems when I talk about it, it doesn't happen.

Same with orders for butnz and glasses. Something sounds really good. If I talk about it to family or friends it falls through. If I don't then the order seems to happen.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
DrRoebuck said:

And yeah, I don't think I have any superstitions.
Damn, I had to wait for the explanation of the Leonardo di Caprio joke yesterday and I'm afraid I'm missing this one. Sorry

EDIT: Nevermind, Google is my friend.

The 80s were a tough decade for me

·
done
3,293 Posts
I decapitate all my hookers and bury the heads separate from the bodies. Not because I'm a sicko, but because I want their ghosts to be searching for their heads instead of getting juicy revenge on me.

·
9,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love Commander said:
I decapitate all my hookers and bury the heads separate from the bodies. Not because I'm a sicko, but because I want their ghosts to be searching for their heads instead of getting juicy revenge on me.
This is not superstition. This is just good defensive strategy.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
When I played basketball I had to have a PBJ and coke (real coke) before leaving for the game. Then a Snickers bar and banana before heading into the locker room to get ready for game. During the season I also went to church every Saturday evening (probably should have done that regardless).

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Love Commander said:
winner

·
slow rider
385 Posts
Dames ruin legs and apparently so do woodwind insturments.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
PDex said:
Damn, I had to wait for the explanation of the Leonardo di Caprio joke yesterday and I'm afraid I'm missing this one. Sorry

EDIT: Nevermind, Google is my friend.

The 80s were a tough decade for me
And see here I thought you were making an awesome reference.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts