Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Folsom Lake loop. About 48 miles with 4400 feet of climbing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm either riding Saturday or Sunday... but considering the Sequoia Century is gong to be where I usually ride on Sunday I'm inclined to ride on Saturday. (No offense but I don't feel like paying to ride something I ride all the time anyways and I would probably just end up riding solo the whole time).

I was thinking about just climbing OLH and then descending down Kings Mtn. but I could be easily convinced to join up on an impromptu RBR group ride on Saturday morning. Maybe ride something other then the Woodside/Palo Alto area... Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
453 Posts
CrankyMonkey said:
Okay... I've decided I'm going to tackle Mt. Hamilton tomorrow... Who's with going with me? :D
Do an actual (or virtual) wave at me when you pass the Three Springs Ranch development (the gated community just past the Grand View Restaurant, atop the first major ridge, 4.3 miles up). I'm taking the track bike out that day to hit the streets with the homies!

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
I’ve been hoping to hop on the bike for the past few weeks but I am still trying to rid myself of this fookin’ sinus cold/congestion crap, and the residuals of my virus-induced chest cold. I’m a phlegm phellow. Mucous man. Booger boy. Sir Snotsalot.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
thien said:
You riding it? Got some friends doing the 100k, I'm on the fence myself. Assuming they take day of registration.
I'm gonna either do the metric or the actual century. If I do the metric I'll ride to and from home to make it 100 miles anyway (but without the 9000 ft climb - that was tough last year). havent decided yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
for those riding the sequoia century, dress in layers. Foggy, drizzle, wet roads, and a bit of wind once you get over the top and start dropping. We climbed OLH today and went down the west side. Pretty thick marine layer kept things cool and wet.

When is this global warming thing going to hit? May 31 and it was 48 degrees at 84/OLH.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Did our Saturday club ride. Started in Los Gatos then did a loop out to Watsonville Rd then came back on McKean. It was overcast, until we got out to Uvas then the sun came out. It was very tough headwind on the return leg.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
tron said:
where is this good weather? I had wind in my face no matter what direction I was riding. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Here in the Bay Area™, it is a known fact that the wind generally starts to move after 9:00AM, and so it is advised to get out on the road early. Oh, and there’s always a headwind when heading toward Mountain View/Palo Alto/Redwood City from the San Jose/Santa Clara/San Jose direction after 11:00AM guaranteed, unless a storm is on it’s way in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.