Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Record cranks I bought in 1989 that I'm currently running with a Daytona BB; the older style Record cranks 'bottom out' when used with the new shorter 102mm Chorus and Record BB axles). What good quality BB – including axle length – can I use with these cranks as an upgrade?

·
Defender of Freedom...
611 Posts
111mm I think

gizzard said:
I have a set of Record cranks I bought in 1989 that I'm currently running with a Daytona BB; the older style Record cranks 'bottom out' when used with the new shorter 102mm Chorus and Record BB axles). What good quality BB – including axle length – can I use with these cranks as an upgrade?
I'm not 100% sure but I think is a symmetrical 111mm. Totalcycling.com has NOS record BBs (89 I belive) that will work with the new compact Centaur stuff (111mm symetrical). I don't see how it would work since I have been told they changed the taper on the spindles but since your using a 1989 crank it should work just fine.

JR

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ramjm_2000 said:
I'm not 100% sure but I think is a symmetrical 111mm. Totalcycling.com has NOS record BBs (89 I belive) that will work with the new compact Centaur stuff (111mm symetrical). I don't see how it would work since I have been told they changed the taper on the spindles but since your using a 1989 crank it should work just fine.

JR
The new Cetaur 111mm symmetrical cartridge BB should work with the '89 crankset. I had a early '90 C'd A crankset mated to the symmetrical 111mm (centaur) and it fits beautifully. The campy taper has remained the same.

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/productdetail.asp?p=CADBB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts