Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I built up my Look 586 with SRAM Red. I used the Nokon cables and housings. They are really too noisy for my liking. What is the best cableset to use with Red? I've used Campy with Campy components.... Will they work flawlessly with SRAM Red?
Thanks,
Mick

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... I'm not at all trying to save $$ here.. just looking for the best cables (Brake and Derailleur) for this gruppo. I was just reading about the Jagwire Racer cableset. Is this of high quality? WIll it work with Red? And will D/A be compatible with Red? Any thoughts on which is better? Why?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Campy Record Cables?

I just got off the phone with my LBS, and they were adamant in the fact that the Campy Record cables are the best for SRAM Red, and are absolutely compatible. Is this right??? I would think that Shimano cables would be the correct ones. Doesn't SRAM offer cables for their gruppo?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I originally built up a Cervélo Carbon Soloist with this Red gruppo. I didn't like the ride of the Soloist at all, so I sold the frame and built the 586 with the components. The cableset was fit for the Soloist, so I built the 586 with the Nokons. I just wish the Nokons weren't so damn noisy! I can't seem to find a set of SRAM cables... I wonder why you can only get them with the gruppo new.. but can't buy a replacement. My LBS suggested Jagwire Racer cables and housings. Anyone have any experiences with them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.