Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed them and asked if they could allow The '1000 to illuminate when flipping the page via Di2 shifter buttons durung dusk/nightfall. I received the standard BS reply.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the assumption that the backlight is set to auto?

But the 1000 has Connect IQ, maybe you could just write you're own app for it that does that?
No skill to do that.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
No skill to do that.
you're assumig garmin dudes do...

But the back lighting is set to come on when there's a change? I'll admit that if I was using it in that way and the back light came on if you manually changed pages/did a function, but didn't for the Di2 buttons, then I would be royally p'd off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you're assumig garmin dudes do...

But the back lighting is set to come on when there's a change? I'll admit that if I was using it in that way and the back light came on if you manually changed pages/did a function, but didn't for the Di2 buttons, then I would be royally p'd off.
C'mon, Man. If they can allow page flipping remotely, text messages, heart rate, etc, they can accomplish this. Heck, there's a even a feature that allows changes the screen color based on ambient light for enhanced reading!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Garmin is like Apple, Google, Ford... they're too big to respond to direct input. They go the other direction now - beta test what they think we'll want, then watch for complaints when they get it wrong.

Wahoo is on the end - nimble and responsive. Hell, the CEO chimes in on forum/group discussions AS the CEO - asking clarifying questions, giving replies and updates.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Garmin is like Apple, Google, Ford... they're too big to respond to direct input. They go the other direction now - beta test what they think we'll want, then watch for complaints when they get it wrong.

Wahoo is on the end - nimble and responsive. Hell, the CEO chimes in on forum/group discussions AS the CEO - asking clarifying questions, giving replies and updates.
Well, I'm locked into Garmin and unless Wahoo has integration like the '1000, I'll continue being pissed-off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts