Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kinda like the pseud-camoflague pattern that bontrager and i think specialized has...but, i also like the split black/blue i've seen somewhere...BUT, i do kinda dig the clean, sophistimicated look of white tape...BUUUTTTTT, my bike has existing black tape on it, and it looks pretty slick. i've read the threads about what color is fastest, but nobody mentioned green as going fast...so i'm a little confused.

which color, in your opinion, goes best with a blue bike?

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
largegiant04 said:
post a picture of your bike and we can help you!

oh and what color is the saddle?
the saddle is black, with an orange stripe on each side

i posted this somewhere else on here

·
Dr. Flats a lot
740 Posts
My opinion is that tape should always match the saddle. Your bike needs a classic look. Brooks saddle and natural cork would be deluxe, but pricey.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
White tape, but you need a white Selle An-Atomica to go with it.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
regarding a brooks saddle...this bike is intended to be my beater bike. i don't know that a saddle that fancy would be appropriate on a clunker/commuter/beater bike. plus, i already dropped a few bucks on the selle saddle pictured, fresh outta the take-off bin at the bikeshop

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is always splash tape in blue/white or blue/black and blue/black/white. Everybody hates it here but it was a popular replacement in this bike's era. Splash for color and period correct?

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mr Bentwrench said:
There is always splash tape in blue/white or blue/black and blue/black/white. Everybody hates it here but it was a popular replacement in this bike's era. Splash for color and period correct?

like that, only blue and white?

that's what i meant with "pseudo-camoflague" in the first post

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
old_fuji said:
regarding a brooks saddle...this bike is intended to be my beater bike. i don't know that a saddle that fancy would be appropriate on a clunker/commuter/beater bike. plus, i already dropped a few bucks on the selle saddle pictured, fresh outta the take-off bin at the bikeshop
After 5 some posts about putting lipstick on a pig (no offense - nice commuter) it's good to hear from an OP with sense.

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
I'm gunna say light blue because...well....that is how I feel about it. I have white and to be honest, I'm a little bored with it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
old_fuji said:
That's what i meant with "pseudo-camoflague" in the first post
It's still around. Profile brand is a good tape for a beater. It's online but you can order it just as cheap from your LBS. If you flip through their master cataloge, you'll find a few other brands too with slightly different patterns and a bit truer colors than you can see online. Throws then a bit of business too. Personally, I kinda like the splash for the 'old fuji'.

·
Registered
832 Posts
White will be gray in a day. To offset the nice blue of the frame, I'd go with yellow cloth-tape - Tressostar. That would stand out in a pleasing-to-the-eye sort of way.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Fizik split black/blue would look great and will stay that color as opposed to white. Yellow might look okay. See if you can get someone to photoshop it with yellow to help you decide.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts