Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Wanderer
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm watching the 6th stage and the camerman pans in and shows Ullrich riding Basso's tire. An anouncer asks Davide Cassani if he thought it was normal for this strong German to be riding the tire of the Italian. Davide starts to go on to explain how it means nothing and how great and strong he thinks Jan is. He then goes on to say how Jan is a much more stronger athlete than Armstrong. Didn't Jan (along with the rest of the world) have the last 7 years to prove this? I was in Paris last year for the Tour. I remember Lance getting the overall victory. I also remember watching the ITT. I could have sworn I saw Lance pass Jan on the course. If Cassani was comparing Jan to Lance on this day in May...then maybe?, but Jan is training for the Tour while Lance is training for a marathon. If Davide did mean at this exact moment, that's just an ignorant comparison. An active pro compared to somebody who is retired? It was great to see Cipollini giving insight in the last hour of the race and during the sprint finish. I say yank Davide (also for other reasons that I won't get in to here) and keep CIPO!

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
Jan is mega strong

Jan is also heavy. works against him in the high mtns. he has to put out much higher wattage just to keep up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.