Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of months ago I bought a new Apple Computer to use in my photography-not the stuff I post here, for my good stuff. I have no plans to hook the thing up to the internet or to use any of the many other programs included with it. I only want it for photography and I have only explored the features that enable photo processing.

I didn't realize until last night that my purchase included an I-Pod (you know;the item that starts 1000 threads).

So I have a simple question.....

What do I do with the darn thing????

MB1
Luddite

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MB1 said:
A couple of months ago I bought a new Apple Computer to use in my photography-not the stuff I post here, for my good stuff. I have no plans to hook the thing up to the internet or to use any of the many other programs included with it. I only want it for photography and I have only explored the features that enable photo processing.

I didn't realize until last night that my purchase included an I-Pod (you know;the item that starts 1000 threads).

So I have a simple question.....

What do I do with the darn thing????

MB1
Luddite
moreon...don't you realize that once you gaze upon the Ipod that it will assimmilate you. It's too late already.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even I am not that stupid.

KenB said:
Use it to level your kitchen table.
The thing clearly isn't strong enough to support a nice meatloaf on the table and that screen is gonna break and leave shardes all over the kitchen floor. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After I started this thread I visited the Apple website....

...looks like I can store lots of photos on the thing but that 2.5" screen is going to be fairly usless to view them. Maybe I'll just use it for data backup.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
uh, you could fill it up with music and listen to it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MB1 said:
...looks like I can store lots of photos on the thing but that 2.5" screen is going to be fairly usless to view them. Maybe I'll just use it for data backup.
If it's a Video Ipod you can hook it up to a TV or other external source and look at em there--also video.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is a sad day when something like this makes sense.

colker1 said:
you can play vigilante.. go to your dangerous, violent neighbourhood. attach ipod to waist. go jogging.. once a thug jumps you, pull the magnum and make your day.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
colker1 said:
you can play vigilante.. go to your dangerous, violent neighbourhood. attach ipod to waist. go jogging.. once a thug jumps you, pull the magnum and make your day.
Or.... electrify it and leave it somewhere out in the open so you can watch how many times people zap themselves trying to snag it up. Hehe, oh the videos that would spawn.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
rollinrob said:
uh, you could fill it up with music and listen to it.

I think this makes some sense. Fill it up, jam the earbuds into your earholes and go for a fixed ride around DC listening to some outrageous tunes. After that, post on why you think it is cool to ride while listening to music and watch the flame war begin.

If you need tunes PM me and I can tell you the best place to get them.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
KenB said:
Or.... electrify it and leave it somewhere out in the open so you can watch how many times people zap themselves trying to snag it up. Hehe, oh the videos that would spawn.
In school, my buddy and I would take his two-way radios out for some fun. We'd hide one in a bush, find a spot on a bench, and start calling the other one. It made a sound similar to a cell phone, so oftentimes someone would hesitate and start walking towards the bush, staring intently. As they got closer, we'd say, "Hey...get away from there! What do you think you're doing? Yeah, you in the red jacket...go away!"

We were far enough away so they couldn't easily hear or see us. It would freak many of them out - we would have fun with that thing for three or four hours, easy.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
In school, my buddy and I would take his two-way radios out for some fun. We'd hide one in a bush, find a spot on a bench, and start calling the other one. It made a sound similar to a cell phone, so oftentimes someone would hesitate and start walking towards the bush, staring intently. As they got closer, we'd say, "Hey...get away from there! What do you think you're doing? Yeah, you in the red jacket...go away!"

We were far enough away so they couldn't easily hear or see us. It would freak many of them out - we would have fun with that thing for three or four hours, easy.
3 or 4 hours? who payed for school? weren't you supposed to attend classes or somethin?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:

did you also do the dollar bill attached to a fishing line trick? many yuks.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,400 Posts
Wear it while you're riding and pretend to listen to the music that isn't on it. When other riders tell you that it's not safe to do that, throw it at them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts