Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
luv_kush200 said:
Your opinions will be a very important part of my Final Year Project that i am doing on customised bicycles.

You are invited to participate in our survey on customised bicycles. It will take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete the questionnaire. pl click on the link below to procced.

Thanks for your help!!

Kush

http://www.surveyconsole.com/consol...urvey?id=157504
Link no workee.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
What do you want?

This is a very poor survey, and does not really address the issues that would/should push someone toward a custom bike. From this survey, one gets the impression that choosing bar tape is "customizing" the bike. I don't know what your project is about, but choosing a tire (one of your choices) is not what most people consider cutomizing a bike. Typically, when one talks about custom bikes, this is mostly in reference to the frame, since any part on the bike can easily be changed at any time by the owner.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
A very strange survey.

Ditto to the comments above. It also seems like whoever prepared the survey doesn't know what a "custom" bike is. A bike is "custom" where the tubeset (length, sometimes butting, etc.) isn't stock and is customized for rider proportions.

Odd, the only question that even asks about customization of sizing gives a someone peculiar example ("pedal clearance to ground"). That's either going to be a function of crankarm length, or less commonly, BB drop. Those CAN be customized, but TT length, ST length, and ST angle are more likely candidates for folks who need a custom frame.

You don't even ask basic questions... WHY does someone want a custom bike? Is it to alter ride characteristics or are they having trouble fitting standard geometry.

The asking about "custom" tires, brake levers, etc. is kind of a misnomer and won't really tell you much.

Finally, your list of bike types is odd in that it has "race" and "touring" but not just "road." I don't consider my custom Seven a "race" setup but it most certainly is not a touring bike.

The survey needs LOTS of work (not to be harsh)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts