Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behold: My latest UV-phobic purchase ...

Fits well under the helmet and the straps hold the scarf in place. It has a sweat-band like a dew rag.

I took it for a 12 mi test ride yesterday. My first impressions were largely positive. I will have to give it the 1pm peak UV/heat test. One thing that did catch me by surprise was the wind noise. It gets quite loud.

$20 on Amazon and Nashbar.

Better Fred than dead.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm liking this thing more and more. On a hot ride, I put a little water on it, and it really helped cool me off without making a mess. The solar protection is great. It doesn't even look that stupid.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
It doesn't even look that stupid.
We'll be the judge of that, but you have to post a pic of you wearing it (with helmet, of course).

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is that I look (and am) pretty stupid, even without wearing this thing.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,145 Posts
As long as you're driving a chariot, you will look completely normal when wearing that.

"Nyah. Nothin' wrong with
that hat. See? Nyah."

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
I have something like this that I will wear at the beach or out in a boat. Have not used it for cycling. I slather on sunscreen for that

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks more aero than my solution.

View attachment 314586
I have that too. Unfortunately it comes off if you go too fast, but for long sunny climbs on a mountain bike, it is ideal. It goes to Utah with me.

(Da Brim, if anyone else is interested). (Best pronounced like "Da Mare", with a Chicago accent.)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Behold: My latest UV-phobic purchase ...

Fits well under the helmet and the straps hold the scarf in place. It has a sweat-band like a dew rag.

I took it for a 12 mi test ride yesterday. My first impressions were largely positive. I will have to give it the 1pm peak UV/heat test. One thing that did catch me by surprise was the wind noise. It gets quite loud.

$20 on Amazon and Nashbar.

Better Fred than dead.
What's that called ? Do you have the Amazon or nashbar link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,145 Posts
Specialized has their lawyers looking for you...

Bass-ackwards decal.

I'm not nuts about symmetry or OCD about little everyday details, but that guy facing backward would bug me in sort of a major way... kind of like a flag decal "blowing" against the prevailing wind on an airplane, etc.

Am I missing some symbolism here? Is the fact that his headband tassels are blowing with the prevailing wind a clue?

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See. Nothing to lose one's head over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.