Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have a steel Fierte with a carbon fork. I absolutely love it. I am hard to fit, very long legged for my height and the short TT and tall HT are perfect for me.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
recently found a Serotta Colorado III in the classic red to yellow fade. What can i tell you, nice stiff bottom bracket, swagged chainstays, with an ovalized top tube and down tube. i think i can actually feel the difference between the 8cm BB drop versus the more typical 7cm drop. it hugs the corners. so digging it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have an '87 Nova Special X and a Colorado III. They are the two best bikes I've ever ridden. A few years ago I sent my Nova Special X back to Serotta so they could inspect the frame and refinish it. Nothing was wrong with it other than paint blemishes and a little surface rust in a few places. It came back looking immaculate, and is still my go-to bike. After all of these years, it just feels like an extension of my body. It was refinished in all white with black decals. My Colorado III is the red/yellow fade just like cmg's CIII above, and I really like it too!

(cmg, is that The Nebulas in your avatar?)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have an '87 Nova Special X and a Colorado II. They are the two best bikes I've ever ridden. A few years ago I sent my Nova Special X back to Serotta so they could inspect the frame and refinish it. Nothing was wrong with it other than paint blemishes and a little surface rust in a few places. It came back looking immaculate, and is still my go-to bike. After all of these years, it just feels like an extension of my body. It was refinished in all white with black decals. My Colorado II is the red/yellow fade just like cmg's CIII above, and I really like it too!

(cmg, is that The Nebulas in your avatar?)
yep. i dig The Nebulas. Great band.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I still ride a 1992 Serotta Colorado tg and it is a fantastic bike. This was the last one that they made with Tange Prestige tubing and it rides like a dream and I have seen them used for around $500.00. The problem you need to watch out for is corrosion from the inside. I take mine apart every 2 years and coat the inside with frame saver and it seems to be doing well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up my 92 Serotta Colorado LT with Tange Prestige tubing about a month ago, came equipped with Shimano Dura Ace 7400 series. I wanted to sell the frame and keep the parts, but made the mistake of riding the Serotta, and enjoyed the performance. So I removed the Shimano parts and replaced them with Campagnolo Record and Chorus to upgrade and will be selling the Dura Ace on Ebay when I get around to it. Now it's even better!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
picked up this this past summer. one of the lightest steel bikes i've ever owned. both serotta's have an 8cm BB drop. Very cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you know anything about a serotta soft ride track bike? I came across one years ago and bought it but cant find any info on it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts