Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these Genius 5.5 Carbon sole shoes, they are red/orange. The price is really good, too. The seller says they are more red than orange, and it's a standard SIDI color wlthough I've never seen it before. They match my team uniform and Red Atmos perfectly, and I need a new pair. I ordered a pair of Genius 5's in silver from my LBS in December, but the delivery date has been pushed back three times (now March 31st). The owner said I could get my money back if I wanted, he has no problem with it. Whaddya think, are they too gaudy? Opinions?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Shoes can never be to gawdy!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
... in this day and age, given the norms of the times, it would be hard to find a gaudy scheme...

The first pair of cycling specific shoes I owned were the old Sidi D2 which came in a very bright blue with bright yellow lugged sole and yellow and red trim... in an age where a gaudy shoe would have been grey instead of black!

These were the last cycling shoes I've purchased.. and I think they're schmokin'...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Akirasho said:
... in this day and age, given the norms of the times, it would be hard to find a gaudy scheme...

The first pair of cycling specific shoes I owned were the old Sidi D2 which came in a very bright blue with bright yellow lugged sole and yellow and red trim... in an age where a gaudy shoe would have been grey instead of black!

These were the last cycling shoes I've purchased.. and I think they're schmokin'...

I love these shoes...I have 2 pairs with this color..:)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Best part about those shoes, if you close your eyes and tap your heels together three times while thinking "There's no place like home. There's no place like home...."

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Yellow?!

Here's a picture that looks pretty much like mine. When they get dirty the color will be less noticeable.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
mvnbykes said:
I found these Genius 5.5 Carbon sole shoes, they are red/orange. The price is really good, too. The seller says they are more red than orange, and it's a standard SIDI color wlthough I've never seen it before. They match my team uniform and Red Atmos perfectly, and I need a new pair. I ordered a pair of Genius 5's in silver from my LBS in December, but the delivery date has been pushed back three times (now March 31st). The owner said I could get my money back if I wanted, he has no problem with it. Whaddya think, are they too gaudy? Opinions?
I recommend trying them out in a size 43, then after one ride decide you hate them and sell them to me for pennies on the dollar :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
mvnbykes said:
Where are you getting them from? They'd match my new frame, near as durn. I wear 43.5 in Genius

Regards
Dereck

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,410 Posts
As long as you know for sure that Sidi's won't hurt you feet. Not everyone can wear them.

·
The Right Wing
843 Posts
Those are nice, would match my bike and team kit. Did you get them online? The UK? What will you pay for them?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Found them on eBay

I found them on eBay from EuorCycleSport. Price is $210 plus shipping. They will be shipped from overseas, takes about 7-9 days. Can't wait to get them. My current pair is genius 4, and they fit great. I have a pair of Specialized Comp road shoes I bought this summer as a backup which I'll be selling on eBay soon.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Are the Specialized Comp shoes you intend to sell the style with the buckle and what size/color? I might be interested if the right size.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts