Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
nice bikes

sweet lineage and not seen too often. all a plus in my book.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I think Pegoretti is failry close as well.

you can find deals on Coppi's on ebay

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
a fine first bike

have fun!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
can you give me the

present Euro to dollar exchange. then I can answer.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
yes good deal.

nice ride, under a grand. when you get more 'in to it' you can upgrade the components

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree w/atpjunkie...

Seems like a pretty decent bike for the $. Coppis were under some pretty exceptional riders in the pro peleton in years past, good lineage...

As far as upgrades go, I couldn't make out the specs from your link (and was too lazy to try and find it myself). Some weight savings can be made with different saddle, seatpost, handlebar and stem upgrades. Wheels are always a decent upgrade since you can see nice drops in rotational weight going to high zoot wheels...

Otherwise, upgrade when something wears out. Use some of the "upgrade" money to go to other things like clothing or other accessories...

Just some thoughts.:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bikertim said:
Seems like a pretty decent bike for the $. Coppis were under some pretty exceptional riders in the pro peleton in years past, good lineage...

As far as upgrades go, I couldn't make out the specs from your link (and was too lazy to try and find it myself). Some weight savings can be made with different saddle, seatpost, handlebar and stem upgrades. Wheels are always a decent upgrade since you can see nice drops in rotational weight going to high zoot wheels...

Otherwise, upgrade when something wears out. Use some of the "upgrade" money to go to other things like clothing or other accessories...

Just some thoughts.:D
here's the part list
frame:coppi alluminio 7005
fork:tusk carbon
stem and bar:itm road racing
pedals:look fqv
brakes:miche
seat :bassano mission
seatpost:WHO KNOWS?
freewhelll :miche 9v
wheels:vuelta crosser x
cranks:fsa omega compact
group set:campagnolo xenon 9 v

: :) :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
unga89 said:
:eek:
any imput on the upgrade i might add ?
Well:

Bar and stem - there are lighter setups out there, I prefer Thomson stems - not too light, just good and strong. Bars are somewhat personal preference with bend/width configurations.

Pedals - Looks are fine, but again, there are lighter pedals out there like Speedplay, Dura-Ace, and higher level Looks

Brakes - Haven't really looked into Miche brakes. I like Ultegra brakes, and the Tektro Carbon dual pivots are worth a look.

Seat and Post - Saddles are another one of those preference parts. Look at comfort first, then be concerned about the weight. I run a Fizik Airone and love it, but again, that's my butt not your's. Post - Thomson, there is none stronger - sure there are lighter posts available, but pulling carbon splinters out of my nether regions doesn't appeal to me.

I look at it this way, ride your stuff and upgrade when absolutely needed. This way, you can spend on other items such as clothing, computers, glasses, etc, etc. The first upgrade I would suggest IMHO is the saddle, get something your comfortable riding - your butt is the main point of contact between you and your bike.

Hope this helps, and enjoy the bike!:D

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
this thread is pretty interesting... thinking of picking up a steel coppi frame from ebay.. they seem good value and well made... throw centaur and some hand-builds on that and YOU ARE DONE.... probably for the next 20 yrs... !

hrmmm...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hehe mine is getting loads of time to come here! but's just because i have to finish school!
i had more than one chanche to inspect all the coppi frame,and they look orgasimc :p ! clean welds perfect and thick paintjob ,reasonable price,and most of them are made ONLY IN CUSTOM size!
bye

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.