Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

What do you wear to cycle during Winter or cooling days?

6K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Souke-Cycling 
#1 ·
What do you usually wear during cold days or winter?
1. Short sleeve jersey and bib shorts with arm and leg warmer?
2. Long sleeve jersey and bib shorts with arm warmer?
3. Long sleeve jersey and bib leggings?
4. Bike jersey and bibs with some cycling jackets? So you can take the jacket off when you heating up!
5. Just do indoor cycling, not going outside, and wear whatever is comfortable?

I personally will wear the SSL jersey and bib shorts with a jacket outside, so when I start to sweat, I can take the jacket off. How about you?
Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle Cloud

See less See more
#2 ·
Long sleeve jersey and shorts with jacket and tights over shorts so I can easily remove if/when temps warm during the day.

#5 ·
Thank you velodog, it is really hard to get outside when temperature is getting cold, so sometimes, really envy those people who lives in the places where all four seasons is just Spring, haha !

#17 ·
I do classic, not skate skiing. Not really in into the backcountry thing, though breaking fresh snow is better than being forced to use others tracks on steep hills. I don't even know why they track the hills at ski centers anyway as you can't snow plow on narrow trails with tracks.
Bomb it with a trail tele at the bottom :)

#19 ·
Bomb it with a trail tele at the bottom :)
Ha! I never could get the telemark thing down. Whenever I tried to do a telemark turn, I always ended up doing a snow plow turn.

#10 ·
I start adding layers below 65.
60-65 definitely a long sleeve base layer under my jersey.
55-60 I will wear long bibs and longer or wool socks with above
50-55 I will wear a Gore-Tex winter cycling jacket with above
45-50 full finger gloves with above
40-45 add balaclava with above (and only do mountain and don’t do road)
30-40 full winter lined long bibs and another top layer with above

I’m east coast so humidity is a thing

I really don’t like being cold with the wind chill. If I don’t feel like dressing up I will just Zwift.

#12 ·
What do you usually wear during cold days or winter?
1. Short sleeve jersey and bib shorts with arm and leg warmer?
2. Long sleeve jersey and bib shorts with arm warmer?
3. Long sleeve jersey and bib leggings?
4. Bike jersey and bibs with some cycling jackets? So you can take the jacket off when you heating up!
5. Just do indoor cycling, not going outside, and wear whatever is comfortable?

I personally will wear the SSL jersey and bib shorts with a jacket outside, so when I start to sweat, I can take the jacket off. How about you?
View attachment 481303
Well, first of all, below 53 or so degrees I wear bike shorts and cycling tights. In the mid-40's I wear 1 midweight base layer and a cycling jacket. In the mid 30's arm warmers, 2 midweight base layers. Mid-20's, I double up the arm warmers and wear 3 midweight base layers. In all instances a balaclava.

Best regards and
Happy Holidays
Barry, 75
New Jersey

#13 ·
Well, first of all, below 53 or so degrees I wear bike shorts and cycling tights. In the mid-40's I wear 1 midweight base layer and a cycling jacket. In the mid 30's arm warmers, 2 midweight base layers. Mid-20's, I double up the arm warmers and wear 3 midweight base layers. In all instances a balaclava.

Best regards and
Happy Holidays
Barry, 75
New Jersey
Thanks for sharing Barry, and happy thanks giving in advance! :D

#14 ·
So we got this review article from washingmachinepost . The bloger reviewed our CL1202, BL2601 as well as the jacket JA0700. Any one interested, feel free to checkout!

Just want to clarify, as we are just at very early stage for the pro line SOUKE, so this year, we actually didn't make the winter collection. The long sleeve jerseys on our website actually our early autumn style, in 2022, we will have more winter collections, as well as women's collections coming out!

BTW, the jackets is really worthy a trial, cannot go wrong for the price. :D
View attachment 481922
View attachment 481923
View attachment 481924

#25 ·
I got good advice from a messenger friend in Chicago: Keep your chin covered to be comfortable on the bike in cold weather.

XC skiing in cold weather can be more like being at the beach.
What I like to call a seasonal beard, Nature\God's gift of insulation.

I worked outside and before I retired I grew one every winter, usually started early Dec. and removed in April.

#28 ·
If you haven't prepare your winter cycling kits, then come on and have a look at SOUKE Black Friday 2022 promotion, when you can only be able to save up to 50% on Souke products, but if you take part in 2 another events(1st-29th,Nov), you'll also get an additional $10 discount coupon and win a free set!. :D

#29 ·
Souke Black Friday Sales will begin in several hours , are you excited? The best deal in one year! 30% off whole site and 50% off on selected items! Price drops directly, no coupon needed! You can also join out giveaways to gain additional 10USD saving! Come on and join in us.
Bicycle Bicycle helmet Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle jersey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.