Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
The clymb is awesome. Not only does the site offer great stuff at great prices, the customer service I have experienced with them is second to none.

I will say that their clymb brand t-shirts are kind of crap tho.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've bought several things off there, sometimes their deals aren't as good as others but you just have to do the research. My best deal was a pair of Native sunglasses that I picked up for $35, the regular price is $129. Hindsight I should have bought 2 pair because that price is untouchable anywhere.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I've bought a number of things from theclymb. Often unbeatable prices, but delivery is slow. When I've had problems with items from them, like the two pair of Castelli Free Aero Race bibs I bought from them in which the pad stitching came unravelled, they took them back with no problems.

Chainlove flash deals rock, but are a PITA at the same time. I'm guilty of that addiction. Good customer service from them in my experience.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I buy from the clymb all the time. I've gotten backpacks, bicycle clothing and components, climbing shoes, ETC.

You stuff could take a week or two to ship out. Other then that it's awesome!

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Clymb is great. I use them a lot.

Chainlove is hit or miss. I've gotten a few things through them, and their customer service is pretty good, but I find it much less frustrating to go to their parent site, DepartmentOfGoods. Same products, good discounts, and it seems like they just pull from that inventory, knock an extra 5 or 10% off, and put it on Chainlove for a few minutes. I'd rather just shop without the countdown.

I just got a 150g carbon-railed saddle (with matching bar tape) and a Fox Flux helmet for less than $80 delivered from DoG.

·
Banned
12,550 Posts
I like The Clymb. Sometimes gets me to buy stuff I could do without. Some great deals. Most are just Ok. Always check Amazon before buying. May be even cheaper. Shipping from Clymb is hit or miss as far as timing goes. I would not order something I need soon from them.

Amazon is my go to store for everything from cycling goods to dog food. But they may not have everything that a specialty shop would have.

For discounts on cycling stuff, I really like Pricepoint and Jenson. Pricepoint has very nice stuff at great prices, especially if you do not care about fashion (that logo is hideous).

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't like the clymb. Their shipping is slow and usually costly. You can't combine orders (a la chainlove and steep and cheap). Their return policy is crap compared to chainlove, comp cyclist, backcountry.com, nashbar, and most amazon stuff. I had a credit rotting on my account due to their return policy (credit only, no full refund) and finally bought some bib shorts that I now see are mediocre at best.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
They're having a sick sale on Parlee frames right now. If I had that kind of cash I'd be in deep trouble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered some bib tights and shorts, expecting it to take a week or two..It was shipped insanely fast, next day. I think it really depends on what you purchase/where you are located how quickly you will get the items. For me it was great because I broke down and bought a set of winter tights and the weekend ride after they came was unusually cold.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
1. It sucks to have to register to even see the deals at the website. Hello spam email. 2. All of the products they sell are on promotive for about the same price. Guessing they are related or a middle man dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After shipping, their prices are nothing special. The occasional hot deal from CC or the like are much better.

Maybe the sunglasses are an exception, but standard clothing seems about 50% off MSRP, with playing the waiting game can get things down below that a few times a year on CC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.