Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who'd a thunk it but there is a connection between Frank and bicycles. Take a gander at this vintage footage of a VERY young and VERY proper Frank Zappa on the Steve Allen show.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Dang, I thought it was gonna be a quiz, and I could be first answering "He played one"

Miss you Frank, and thanks for sneaking me into that show at the church in Grand Rapids. I owe you one!

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Pretty cool allusion by Steve Allen to a coaster brake brand, at 4:00 part 1. "You wanna play the New Departure Blues?"

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
that was GREAT........I will NEVER look at my bike the same again..... fact is BOTH of those guys were geniuses.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Part 3

jd3 said:
Part 3

<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vip0H-I8pTg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
very entertaining, a note, I have heard FAR worse music than that on to 40 radio!!!!!!!!

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
If you'll sit down in your seats, we'll make an attempt at playing "Brown Shoes Don't Make It" for you. Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny.

God! This is a tasty little sucker

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
will go down

as greatest com poser of the 21st C IMHO

besides playing them
his Alma Mater is on one of my routes

that's 2 things

add Dario digs him

that's 3

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
One of the best Youtubes everer. Thanks for posting.

Frank may have been "proper," but you could tell even then that he was never quite proper.

Great, great stuff.

Ruth rode on my cycle car
on the seat in back of me
I took a bump at 95
and rode on Ruthlessly

That little diddy apparently goes back to at least the '20s (with 55 instead of 95).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts