Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article about Robby McEwen this weekend and he talked about being in someone's wheel. I'm still a newbe in racing and think I understand being on someones wheel but is that different than being in someones wheel.

· Registered
11,561 Posts
megmarc said:
I read an article about Robby McEwen this weekend and he talked about being in someone's wheel. I'm still a newbe in racing and think I understand being on someones wheel but is that different than being in someones wheel.
No, it's used interchangeably. You'll often hear riders say something like "I was in the wheels all day so I had an easy time of it". Like being "in" or "on" form, you'll hear both.

· Premium Member
15,996 Posts
+1.

"In the wheels" is used all the time, especially, it seems, by sprinters. "I was in the wheels and trying to get out, but he was trying to get in at the same time, and we crashed." that sort of thing.

· Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
No, it's used interchangeably. You'll often hear riders say something like "I was in the wheels all day so I had an easy time of it".
Hmm, guess I'll have to file that in the old You Learn Something Every Day drawer. Never heard "in" said (or if I did, I didn't catch it).

· Registered
1,860 Posts
Accent?

megmarc said:
Maybe McEwen's Aussie accent makes sound of the word "on" sound like the word "in"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.