Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NewRoadEnthusiast-Again
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at Domane geometry, specifically the 54cm sized 5.2, and the geometry for the non-WSD and WSD versions are identical.

So, besides marketing and different paint, what is the difference between WSD and non-WSD bikes?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Possibly a different seat and narrower handlerbars.

I noticed the same as well in the cannondale line for geometry. It was only the larger sizes 54+ that were any different.

My girlfriend just got a SuperSix 3, but opted for "normal" version versus the WSD - primarily because the liked the colors better. I got the saddle (Fizik Arrione) after we replaced it with a female saddle she prefers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you look back the new domane geometry or "H3" geometry has traditionally been the WSD geometry. This includes a slightly shorter top tube and longer headtube to account for women having statistically shorter torso length. A few years ago trek moved this geometry over to the men's line to provide a much more relaxed fit for male consumers. So really the men's or "unisex" domane and H3 bikes are WSD based geometry and not the other way around. I should point out that the mountain bikes and most of the town lifestyle bikes still enjoy distinctly women specific geo.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,667 Posts
exactly as irish posted...if she's on a 47 it has to be a WSD bike as there is no 'men's' bike in 47. if she was taller and rode a 50 or larger the frames would indeed be the same. the saddle, bars, and stem change for WSD and that's it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.