Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
sloping is for girls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a solid, dependable all around wheelset to have built.

How dose the following look-

Rear:
DT rr 465 rim
Chris King R45 hub
DT revolution spokes (NDS)
DT comp spokes (DS)
28h 2x lacing

Front
DT rr 465 rim
Chris King R45 hub
DT Revolution spokes
28h 2x lacing

I weigh 138 pounds and ride my wheels pretty roughly...well, at least as much as someone at my weight pretty much can. I don't think I should have much of an issue with dt revs? no? I have no experience with them

·
Registered
891 Posts
Be aware that the 28 hole RR465 rim is white.

I just weighed in at 142lbs and I am using a 28h RR415 up front with Revolution spokes and a 240S hub. I ride on some very rough roads, and so far I have no problems with it. On the rear I am using a 32h RR465 with a Powertap and also have no problems.

You will probably be okay on the rear wheel too, but you may want to consider Competition spokes on the drive side since Revolution spokes twist and are harder to bring up to proper tension.

Edit: I see you already picked Competition spokes on the drive side. That is a good choice.

·
sloping is for girls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
valleycyclist said:
Be aware that the 28 hole RR465 rim is white.

I just weighed in at 142lbs and I am using a 28h RR415 up front with Revolution spokes and a 240S hub. I ride on some very rough roads, and so far I have no problems with it. On the rear I am using a 32h RR465 with a Powertap and also have no problems.

You will probably be okay on the rear wheel too, but you may want to consider Competition spokes on the drive side since Revolution spokes twist and are harder to bring up to proper tension.

Edit: I see you already picked Competition spokes on the drive side. That is a good choice.
Just white? Really? Hmm

There are plenty of reputable places where I can buy a 28h black rr 465, yet there is no option for it on DT's site. On the other hand, a 32h rear with a 28h rr 415 front does look good, too.

·
Registered
891 Posts
kiroskka said:
Just white? Really? Hmm

There are plenty of reputable places where I can buy a 28h black rr 465, yet there is no option for it on DT's site. On the other hand, a 32h rear with a 28h rr 415 front does look good, too.
I just called DT Swiss and they told me the same thing I previously said, that 28h RR465 rims only come in white. They said the other stores may have incorrect information.

Let us know what you receive if you order a 28h RR465 in black.

·
sloping is for girls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick update

I decided to have excel sports build up my rear wheel.

I ordered a black rr465 28 hole and when it came.....it was black! :D

So, whoever you talked to at DT was misinformed and not the other way around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts