1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
11,561 Posts
MikeBiker said:
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/10254.0.html

[SIZE=-1]"In 1998 I took medical preparations which allowed me to improve my performances," said the 30-year-old sprinter in a statement. "But never in life was I doped. [/SIZE]

There seems to be a good bit of the "I never had sex with that woman" type of statements that come out of these situations. It would appear that often drugs are considered "recovery" aides that just allow riders to do their job day after day. It would be interesting to pin the people making these statements to see what they actually consider the real doping products.

G

·
Seems like a poor translation - 'but never in life was I doped" - bizzare.

Speaking, somewhat tangentially about sex:

The year 1998 was a difficult year for me: I had private problems (including breaking up with my girlfriend) and in addition I had various severe health problems to overcome (such as mononucleosis and a chlamydia infection). There were also persons in my immediate circle whose exaggerated enthusiasm and expectations led to a lot of pressure on me. And my instable health was always denounced.
Fortunately I've never had any STD, but man, having to put that out in public :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.